Hy-Vee Food Stores Test Automation Engineer - Full Time in West Des Moines, Iowa
Test Automation Engineer
We’re looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Inventors. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done. Doers who’ll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it. And amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
As a QA Automation Engineer, you will be embedded within one of the Hy-Vee solution delivery teams and involved throughout the solution development lifecycle. Your primary responsibility will be in the quality assurance of continuous software delivery with a focus on functional test automation. You will work closely with developers as they implement features and you will help ensure that requirements are being met and that regressions are not being introduced. You will need to be able to think outside the box in order to cover both happy and unhappy path scenarios while developing test suites, as well as various forms of exploratory tests.
•Accountable and Reports to: Director, Application Development
• Positions that Report to you: None
• Work as a member of a cross functional agile team to ensure that quality is a first class focus during every delivery cycle.
• Design, develop, and support automated testing suites.
• Mentor team members on test automation.
• Enable continuous delivery of features.
• Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the team.
• Be organized and detail oriented.
• Work closely with software engineers and product owners to ensure that all scenarios for a given feature set are properly defined and well understood.
• Have the drive to become an expert in emerging test automation technologies.
• Be able to clearly and concisely capture defects and communicate the criticality of each identified issue with the team and management.
• Encourage a strong desire to automate all repetitive and repeatable testing activities.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position
May lead and direct the work of others.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB
• Multiple years of experience in QA automation tooling.
• Demonstrable knowledge of QA processes and their application in an agile delivery environment.
• Experience in implementing, executing, and monitoring automated test suites using various technologies including, but not limited to, Cucumber, Selenium, FitNesse, Watir.
• Experience with using CI/CD technologies such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Travis CI.
• Proficient with issue tracking tools such as Jira, Redmine, and Rally.
• Some working knowledge of relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MS SQL.
• Desire to continuously learn new techniques and technologies to evolve your skillset with our technology stack.
• Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
• Must possess the ability to compose original correspondence; follow technical manuals; evaluate technical data; and counsel or advise people.
• Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. • Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
• Visual requirements include clarity of vision at 20 inches or less up to 20 feet or more with or without correction; and color vision.
• Must be able to perform the following physical activities: Fingering, talking, hearing, and repetitive motions.
• Experience building test infrastructures that leverage technologies such as Docker.
• Testing applications deployed to cloud environments such as Google Cloud or Azure.
• Experience mentoring other QAs on automation and quality initiatives.
The duties of this position are mostly performed in a combination of office and retail store settings. There is travel involved to retail, subsidiary and distribution center locations. There are hazards from moving equipment and possible electrical shock while doing retail installations. There is frequent pressure to meet deadlines and handle multiple projects in a day.
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM JOB
Routers, firewalls, switching hardware, servers, PCs, Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft BackOffice applications, Redhat Linux, virtualization, 3rd party applications, printers, modems, and telephone.
Has access to confidential information including payroll, inventory costs, sales, accounts payable and receivable, pharmacy data, e-mail messages, and all data related to operations.
Has daily contact with development teams and other IT teams.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB
High School or equivalent experience. Two to three years of additional schooling with an emphasis in computers is preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO PERFORM JOB
Over two years of similar or related work experience.
About Hy-Vee, Inc.
Hy-Vee, Inc. is an employee-owned grocery store chain with more than 240 retail stores and over 80,000 employees. With sales of more than $9 billion, Hy-Vee ranks among the top 25 supermarket chains and the top 50 private companies in the United States. Its slogan, "A Helpful Smile in Every Aisle," expresses the foundation of the company’s operating philosophy.
Email: email@example.com | Web: https://innovate.hy-vee.com