UnityPoint Health Supervisor Environmental Services- Methodist West in West Des Moines, Iowa
To plan, organize, execute and control work activities of Associate personnel so as to support the policies and procedures of the Medical Center to maintain the highest possible sanitary standards and good public relations with all people concerned. This will ensure the safety, health, morale and recovery of patients, visitors and employees by making a clean, attractive, and safe environment.
• Practice reflects knowledge of HIPAA, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
• Demonstrates the ability to meet the department work schedule.
• Demonstrates the knowledge that patient and workplace safety is a priority by preventing errors, accidents and infections and reporting potential or actual concerns immediately.
• Surveys Medical Center facilities for compliance with departmental standards.
• Seeks to establish good public relations with Medical Center visitors, patients, Medical Staff and Medical center personnel; assists patients and visitors with directions, etc.; enters into Medical Center activities, safety programs, Quality control programs and committees; ensures customer service comments are handled quickly and thoroughly.
• Ensures all equipment is clean and in good repair; ensures that an adequate amount of supplies and equipment are on hand; assigns and directs duties of associates (30-50) employees); delegates authority to proper employees; controls man-hours and supply usage; evaluates workloads and arranges job structure, job assignments and procedures used; promotes ways to complete duties.
• Use-tests new procedures, products and equipment and submits reports of these tests.
• Schedules in-depth training and retraining of all associates in hospital housekeeping techniques and use of equipment; knows and follows all Hazardous Materials procedures; provides training for Associate personnel from other Medical facilities.
• Participates in programs and activities that will develop self and maintain Medical Center image objectives; interviews and hires new employees; works with outside contractors such as: window washers, pest control applicators, drapery fabricators, construction workers, etc.; ensures that policies and procedures of the Medical Center are followed; provides relief for secretary for lunch and break periods.
• Initiates request to appropriate departments for necessary maintenance repair; assists in planning and execution of special projects with other departments; participates in emergency manpower pools; assumes responsibility for entire department on weekends and holidays.
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Some college preferred.
Experience: Prefers one (1) year previous supervisory or management experience. Will be waived if applicant has two (2) years or more of college.
License(s)/Certification(s): Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Basic computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email and web browser. Customer/Patient focus. Multicultural Sensitivity.
Requisition ID: 2021-90482
Street: 1660 60th
Name: 3020 UnityPoint Health Des Moines
Posting Minimum: USD $17.42/Hr.
Name: Environmental Services- West
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: flexible hours
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org