Hy-Vee Food Stores Site Planning Technician - Full Time in West Des Moines, Iowa
Site Planning Technician
We’re looking for geniuses. Dreamers. Designers. Innovators. People with the will to get stuff done. Doers who’ll rip an idea out of thin air. Make it a reality. Own it. Amaze their peers. Sound like you? Welcome home.
Our site planning team is responsible for developing new store site designs and managing all site improvement projects for retail and subsidiary locations. Our team members must be able to handle multiple jobs/situations every day with the flexibility to adapt to changing project requirements.
Experience and Education:
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-4 years of experience as a site or civil engineering technician. An associate’s degree in drafting or discipline-related technical modeling is required. A degree in civil engineering or landscape architecture is preferred. Experience designing retail environments is a plus.
· Drafts preliminary site concepts, site/grading plans, utility plans, landscaping plans, and site details.
· Coordinates site design with building plans, vendors, and outside consultants
· Prepares exhibit drawings and reports for Real Estate and Engineering submittals.
· Provides site design clarifications to and coordinates scope of work with Site Project Managers
· Researches rezoning requests from adjacent properties.
· Conducts lighting, furnishing, and materials research.
· Drafts/picks up plan edits by others.
· Checks preliminary and final site construction plans against Hy-Vee standards.
· Performs site visits for documentation and punch lists.
· Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
· Attends company and department meetings.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
· Well-developed technical knowledge and computer skills.
· Understanding of construction materials and methods.
· Ability to clearly present design and technical information to project teams.
· Ability to manage multiple project teams, budgets, and schedules simultaneously.
· Strong AutoCAD and Civil 3D software skills. Proficiency with Bluebeam, Microsoft Office.
· Team-focused individual with strong communication and collaboration skills.
· Ability to travel, up to 10% of the schedule.
· Commitment to Hy-Vee goals and a willingness to promote the values of the Company.
· Access to project cost information.
· Frequent contact with design consultants, contractors, and product vendors as well as Hy-Vee stores, subsidiaries, and corporate office personnel.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
· PC with Microsoft Office programs, Autodesk AEC Collection (AutoCAD, Civil 3D), Bluebeam Revu, Lumion, Sketchup, SiteFolio online database, Procore online database, printer, copy machine.
· This position is based in a fast-paced work environment at the West Des Moines Corporate office.
· Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near-range with or without correction.
· Must be physically able to perform sedentary work: occasional lifting or carrying objects of no more than 15 pounds, standing, and walking.
· Must be able to perform the following physical activities: kneeling, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, and fine motor skills.
For additional information, visit www.hy-vee.com.