Anthem Project Manager- Virginia Beach Preferred, other Anthem locations considered (PS8921) in West Des Moines, Iowa
Project Manager- Virginia Beach Preferred, other Anthem locations considered (PS8921)
Location: Norfolk, Virginia, United States
Field: Business Support
Requisition #: PS8921
Post Date: Jul 02, 2018
Anthem, Inc . is one of the nation's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 company. At Anthem, Inc., we are working together to transform health care with trusted and caring solutions. Bring your expertise to our innovative culture where you will have the opportunity to make a difference in people’s lives, and to take your career further than you can imagine.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing small to medium projects or smaller components within a large-scale project or program, as defined by Anthem Inc.’s Implementation methodology. Projects may be business and/or technical in nature.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
• Works with moderate guidance and is responsible for applying project management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to project deliverables, processes, and systems.
• Leads a team of project resources and SMEs
• Operates within defined parameters using project management methodology
• Develops or contributes to resource, risk, quality, cost, and scope management plans.
• Contributes to requirements documents.
• Develops project approval matrix.
• Identifies project team training and tool needs.
• Coordinates requirements, schedules implementation and post-implement plans,
• Supports project warranty period as assigned.
• Works under supervision and guidance of a senior level project or program manager or director
• Provides performance feedback to team members.
• Must have the ability to work in a team environment, and build strong relationships within cross-functional project teams
• Demonstrated experience in solving simple-to-medium issues in a matrix environment and communicating effectively within a project team.
Project Manager Requirements:
• Requires a BA/BS in a related field; Minimum of 3 years professional project management experience required during which at least 2 years are spent leading project tasks, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
• Previous or current knowledge/experience with Anthem Inc. systems.
• Work experience in the health care industry; managed care experience preferred.
• Experience managing cross-functional project teams.
• Must have strong prioritization, attention to detail, effective multi-tasking, verbal/written communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced complex project environment.
• Proficient with Visio and Sharepoint required.
• Proficient MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
Virginia Beach office preferred, but other Anthem locations considered.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. An Equal Opportunity Employer.