Work in Iowa Green Jobs

Job Information

Waverly Health Center Quality Improvement Specialist 1.0 FTE in Waverly, Iowa


1.0FTE, M-F, 8-4:30


Utilizes data, evidence-based practice, and quality improvement tools to coordinate and lead Waverly Health Center’s (WHC’s) improvement efforts.


  • Education, Experience, and Training

  • RN required

  • Bachelor’s degree preferred

  • Minimum 2 years of emergency department or critical care nursing experience

  • CPHQ preferred

  • Prior work with quality improvement tools.

  • General knowledge of process improvement tools required. This includes but is not limited to Lean, continuous improvement, sustainability, International Organization for Standardization (ISO), etc. Certification in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt is a plus, but not required.

  • A basic knowledge of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and Joint Commission (JC) standards is preferred.

  • Must possess ability to learn and navigate computer systems including the online training modules, the employee timesheet and the performance appraisal system.

  • Must have ability to adapt to and navigate various databases and computer systems.

  • Must have skills and ability to identify opportunities and oversee the improvement process to implement lasting changes.

  • Must be able to effectively communicate with hospital staff.

  • Must have attention-to-detail in all aspects of work.

  • Must be able to read, speak, and write fluent English.

  • Physical Requirements

  • Sitting – Approximately 60% of shift.

  • Standing – Occasional.

  • Walking – Occasional.

  • Lifting – Not a requirement.

  • Twisting – Not a requirement.

  • Bending – Occasional.

  • Squat/Kneel – Occasional.

    This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer. If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at, or at any USDA office, or call (866) 632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 140