VIVA USA Inc Tool Designer in Waterloo, Iowa
Req Ref No: SPIAD424 Location: Waterloo, IA Duration: 36 Months
Plans, coordinates and performs designs for complex components and assemblies using the preferred 3-Dimensional (3D) Computer Aided Design (CAD) tool and protocols. Uses technical judgment. May work with junior personnel to complete tasks.
Plans, coordinates and performs design work for complex 3D engineering models and components. Exhibits detailed knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) Standards and can apply it to many varied situations. Performs as expert user of 3D Computer Aided Design (CAD) system with considerable experience in Top Down design work for complex 3D engineering models and components. May provide document maintenance and have responsibility for placement and routing of electronic circuits. May create Printed Circuit Board (PCB) fabrication drawings, plan PCB projects and create electronic schematic diagrams. Provides modeling leadership and counsel to other employees.
Specific Position Requirements
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a full time Tool Designer with experience in one or more of the following tooling areas: assembly, gage, machining, special machines
- Excellent working knowledge of 3D Parametric CAD, preferably Creo
- Ability to complete the design and detailing of a tool/fixture in Creo by following written and/or verbal descriptions and/or hand sketches.
- Excellent knowledge of manufacturing processes used in the manufacture of tools/fixtures and supporting components
- Excellent knowledge of materials used in the manufacture of tools/fixtures and supporting components.
- Working knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics
- Ability to solve complex issues related to tooling
- Ability to use of Microsoft Word/Excel for daily tasks.
VIVA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants have an equal opportunity for placement, and all employees have an equal opportunity to develop on the job. This means that VIVA will not discriminate against any employee or qualified applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.