UnityPoint Health Patient Service Representative- Neurology, Waterloo IA in Waterloo, Iowa
Neurology- Waterloo, IA
1.0 FTR (Full Time, 40hrs/week) Full Time Benefits
Good first impressions are vital when it comes to working as a Patient Service Representative at Unity Point. You are the first face a patient sees when they walk in the door and will be responsible for a variety of activities related to patient intake and care. Patient Service Representatives are given the opportunity to build long lasting relationships with Patients, families and Physicians which ultimately lead to growth and Career stability.
· Answer telephone calls in a clear, calm and professional manner. Screen calls by urgency and route calls promptly, accurately, and professionally to appropriate party.
· Make, cancel and reschedule patient appointments maintaining appointment schedule according to office procedure.
· Gather, verify and enter demographic and insurance information on new and established patients necessary for completion of electronic health record and insurance claim processing at each patient visit on patient accounting system.
· Assist with proactive charge capture along with billing accuracy for providers and patients.
· Collect payments, issue receipts and reconcile daily receivable activity to prepare for daily deposits.
· Open and/or close the clinic following specified guidelines of individual clinic.
· Work independently and responsible for timely completion of assigned functions.
· Be aware of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Maintain compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Maintain compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Monitor environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behave in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrate initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed customer expectations.
· Balance team and individual responsibilities; be open and objective to other’s views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to positive team goals; and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Perform other duties as requested by Clinic Administrator to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School or Vocational School graduate
· Previous medical office experience preferred.
· Previous experience with an electronic health record or medical office software preferred.
· Previous experience coding diagnoses and procedures with ICD09-CM and CPT preferred.
· Mandatory Reporter certification.
· Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills.
· Ability to effectively enter information into a variety of computer programs.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, individuals and members of their support systems.
· Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, education and lifestyle backgrounds.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
· Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2019-62198
Street: 2140 Logan Avenue
Name: 9200 UnityPoint Clinic Affiliate
Name: Neurology - WL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
External Company Name: UnityPoint Health
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org