Master Brand Cabinets Inc Maintenance Technician - 2nd Shift (Waterloo, IA) in Waterloo, Iowa
This Maintenance Technician position will be responsible for most of the electrical and PLC programming in our plant. You would be reporting our Maintenance Manager and working on varying projects throughout the plant either in an independent setting or with other team members.
*The hours for this role is approximately 2:00pm- 10:30pm, Monday- Friday. *
- Execute preventative predictive and Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) on all equipment utilized in the Company’s operation through assigned work orders in the CMMS and TPM card system.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems apparatus and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Test electrical systems and circuits in electrical wiring equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters voltmeters and megohmmeter.
- Work with and train coworkers to install maintain or repair electrical wiring equipment and fixtures.
- Plan layout and installation of utilities equipment and fixtures based on job requirements and specifications.
- Perform duties such as maintaining records and files preparing reports and ordering parts and supplies.
- Need to be able to look for problems in complicated electrical systems isolate issues and solve them. As well as read electrical blueprints and scan them for issues making sure that they work before implementing.
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an electro-mechanical technician working in an industrial environment
- Associate's Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology Mechtronics Robotics Laser Technology or completion of a formal trade program (ex. Journeyman Electrician) strongly preferred
- Experience with PLC Controls and a strong understanding of operations
- Automation and artificial intelligence experience
- Experience with vfd’s and servo controls
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Demonstrates strong commitment to safety
- Available on occasion to work late or weekends
- Experience with Microsoft Office 2013
- Excellent communication ability
- Communicate well with others
- Flexible in day to day task management
- Good Attendance / Reliability
About MasterBrand Cabinets
Imagine a short commute to a company driven by a higher purpose. Where people are as important as our products, and the quality of life fuels the quality of ideas. Our culture is built around giving everyone the opportunity to contribute both their ideas and hard work. You will have the opportunity to grow, learn, and make a difference in the company and your community, and be recognized and rewarded for it. We build employee opportunity, purpose, and reward into everything we do.
Join our family of prominent brands across North America where we take ideas, build solutions, and fulfill dreams of a comfortable, inviting home.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MasterBrand Cabinets.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran status.
Opportunity. Purpose. Reward.
Category: Manufacturing/Production Group