Sinclair Tractor John Deere Parts Manager in Washington, Iowa
At Sinclair Tractor, we pride ourselves on being the destination in Southeast Iowa for agricultural equipment, precision farming, agronomic decision support, NAPA parts and computers. With thirteen John Deere dealerships, five NAPA parts locations and a computer service location, we are looking for motivated and talented people to join our team.
SINCLAIR TRACTORis seeking an energetic, driven and professional individual to join the Washington, IAoffice location as a Parts Manager.In this role you will be responsible for parts operations within the store location to provide the highest level of external and internal customer satisfaction, while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. Provide leadership to the parts department, attract and retain outstanding talent, and effectively engage department personnel.
You will be an ambassador of our company, becoming a trusted face to our customers and community while also adhering to company values and policy. As a leader of our team, you will use your strong interpersonal skills to provide support to your customers, and staff as needed. The desired candidate has a background in business operations and is passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Essential Duties include:
- Develops and maintains effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system that includes a perpetual and/or annual physical inventory and proper counter procedures.
- Assists with counter sales to support customer needs.
- Maintains all departmental tools and equipment in good working order. Ensure all parts warranty and return claims are submitted within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Maximizes use of all order discount programs to achieve management stockorder goals.
- Leads by sharing best practices that fosters improvement of the Parts Department.
- Schedule parts personnel for store hour and on call coverage. Work with Human Resources to recruit, hire, develop and retain key talent.
- Responsible for the safety of the parts department in alignment with company safety policies. Conducts safety training, reviews safety related incidents and implements corrective actions.
- Develop parts personnel training paths in conjunction with the Assistant Parts Manager by evaluating abilities and scheduling the appropriate classes or learning modules to minimize disruption of department work flow.
- Communicates and holds parts personnel for the location responsible to understand policies, procedures, and department goals.
- Establishes parts personnel goals, provides feedback, rewards performance, and addresses performance issues in alignment with strategic parts department direction provided by the General Parts Manager and Assistant Parts Manager.
- Engages team to participate and promote customer seminars, field days and related events. Works with Store Manager and other team members to create and implement a perpetual marketing plan that grows parts sales and addresses seasonality of work load. Additional Responsibilities
The above statements cover what are generally believed to be the principal and essential functions of this job. Specific circumstances may allow or require some people assigned to the job to perform a somewhat different combination of duties.
Experience and Skills:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma.
1 - 2 years of parts management experience.
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions.
Thorough knowledge of parts inventory management principles.
Must maintain a valid and insurable driver’s license
Interpersonal, Management and Leadership:
*Solid written and oral communication skills.
Standing for extended periods of time
Lifting of 75 pounds
Minimal as needed
Job Tracking ID: 512388-697733
Job Location: Washington, IA
Job Level: Management
Level of Education: High School/GED
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: August 13, 2019
Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
Starting Date: June 25, 2019