Cosma International Press Cell Leader in Victor, Iowa
This position is at Victor Manufacturing, in Victor, Iowa. We are a division of Cosma International, an operating unit of Magna International. Magna is a leading global automotive supplier with 339 manufacturing operations and 89 product development, engineering and sales centers in 28 countries. We have over 173,000 employees focused on delivering superior value to our customers through innovative processes and World Class Manufacturing.
This position oversees and supports the assigned production area.
- Safety First - Obey the plant’s safety rules and procedures by wearing PPE at all times and immediately addressing all safety concerns. Promotes an environment where zero injuries is the expected standard.
- Operate all presses, welders or other equipment in assigned area.
- Make visual safety inspection and records as required.
- Load and unload production machinery per process books.
- Inspect parts per work instruction / process book / procedures.
- Tag each container at machine using CMS.
- Report any abnormality of parts or machinery to the supervisor and/or his designee.
- Help set up of equipment as required.
- Trains new employees to perform all operations.
- Trouble shoots all operations of equipment as required.
- Ensures that all workers are performing in a safe manner. Aware of all Health, Safety & Environmental policies.
- Inspect parts per work instruction / process book / procedures
- Recommend proposals for improving products, processes, systems, productivity and working environment.
- Prepares production summary reports.
- Maintain a clear and safe working environment.
- Knowledgeable of Machine Operator Responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Follows and supports Victor Manufacturing’s and Magna’s operating principles, including:
- Magna Employee Charter – Operating under its principles by treating all associates equally, fairly and with dignity and respect.
- Open Door Policy – Solves issues with two-way, open and friendly communication at the lowest level.
- 5S – Maintains and promotes good housekeeping by following the philosophy “Everything has a place. Everything in its place”.
- Company quality and environmental policies.
- Supports efforts to achieve department and plant goals on Employee Opinion Survey.
Knowledge and Education
Must have high school diploma or GED.
Previous experience in a manufacturing environment and stamping presses preferred.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to obtain a fork truck license and to operate overhead crane.
- Basic knowledge for safe operations in the press
- Ability to stand, bend and lift for extended periods of time.
- Basic SPC
- Basic Quality Inspection Methods
General factory conditions.
This position is 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Group: Cosma International
Division: Victor Manufacturing
Job Type: Regular