Corteva Agriscience Industrial Electrician ($4,000 Sign-On Bonus!) in Toledo, Iowa
Tired of working 24/7 year round? Don't want to be on the road all the time anymore? Tired of being on a forever off-shift? If you are a Journeyman or Industrial Electrician looking for an amazing place to work where you can have a better work-life balance, then this is the perfect role for you! Our unique seed industry business allows us to not work 24/7 year-round like other manufacturing plants do. Don't wait another minute, read more below about our excellent Industrial Electrician opportunity and apply today!
You will never be bored at our Toledo, IA production plant as our multi-crop facility offers diversity of tasks and activities year-round! Here at Toledo, we take pride in the quality of our work and the safety of all of our team members. Corteva Agriscience™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
In this Industrial Electrician role, you will perform high-level electrical and mechanical installation and maintenance of field and plant equipment and facilities. You will be challenged with the responsibility of all plant electrical systems. The critical work performed by the Electrician directly affects the impact of safety, function, longevity and overall operation of electrical and mechanical equipment at the plant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management of plant electrical systems
• Regular inspection
• Cost analysis
• Programmable logic controllers/electrical systems
• Security system and phone connections
• Maintain relationships with local vendors and contractors as identified
• Act as Plant Electrician and liaison with Engineering department
• Work with various electrical equipment (12V to 480V)
• Interpretation of electric code of application
The following are required:
• High School Diploma/GED
• 1+ years of experience/education as an electrician, industrial electrician, journeyman electrician, apprentice electrician, or related role
• Able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code
• Able to troubleshoot and maintain 12V-480V systems
• Knowledge/education of programmable logic controls and/or other control systems, graphical user interfaces, motor starters, gear boxes, conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
• Able to read blueprints, ladder logic, and structured text
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
• Willingness and ability to work a rotating shift depending on the seasonal needs
• Willingness and ability to work in a Tobacco Free facility
The following are preferred:
• PLC troubleshooting experience
• Project planning & coordination skills
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Problem solving capabilities
• Ability to make independent decisions
• PC skills
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs