Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Maintenance Technician in Superior, Iowa
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and one of the largest consolidated owners of ethanol production facilities in the world. Green Plains, through our wholly owned subsidiary Fleischmann’s Vinegar Company, also provides specialized ingredient solutions for leading food and feed manufacturers.
* _Job Summary_:__* The Maintenance Technician position is a maintenance crew member assigned to perform maintenance which includes areas of expertise in electrical-mechanical maintenance and installation, instrumentation, controls, Frequency drives, mechanical troubleshooting and repair. Primary goal is to assure safe and efficient production by responding to changing conditions in timely manner.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Working in all areas of the plant:
- Instrumentation and Electrical repair and troubleshooting (Emphasis)
- Electrical Repairs: Motors, Motor Starters, Running Conduit and wire pulling (Emphasis)
- Troubleshooting and repair of PLC/DCS (Emphasis)
- Programming of PLC/DCS systems
- Trouble shooting and repair of pumps/ auto valves
- Trouble shooting and repair of grain system
- Performing preventative maintenance
- 50% of position is conducting electrical repairs and installations 50% conducting mechanical repairs and installation
- Moves, sets, calibrates, as needed, controls such as: knobs, valves, switches, levers, and index arms, on control panels to control process variables such as: flows, temperatures, pressures, vacuum, time, and chemicals, by automatic regulation and remote control of processing units such as: heaters, coolers, thermal oxidizer, compressors, exchangers, and other units
- Determines malfunctioning units by observing control instruments, such as meters and gauges or by automatic warning signals, such as lights and sounding of horns
- Inspects equipment to determine location and nature of malfunction such as: leaks, breakages, faulty valves and pumps
- Determines repair and maintenance of equipment
- Patrols units to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Lubricates equipment
- 3+ year of mechanical electrical experience or Maintenance Tech Degree
- High School Diploma or GED required with preference of Maintenance Tech Degree
- Familiarity with industrial equipment operations and care
- Experience with Arc and MIG-Tig welding
- Mechanical background with bearing changes, pumps, conveyors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge in the areas of planning, organizing, interpersonal communications
- Strong Electrical Experience required
- PLC/DCS knowledge
- Knowledge of Hart Communication Systems, Profibus wiring and com methods, and Device-net
- Ability to read and update electrical prints
- Understanding of discrete and analog systems
- Pneumatic Experience & Hydraulic Experience strongly preferred
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Requisition Number: 18-0261
Post Date: 10/10/2018
Title: Maintenance Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Day plus Extended Hours