NextEra Energy Assoc Inventory Services Spec - NextEra in Story City, Iowa
Assoc Inventory Services Spec - NextEra
Date:Sep 1, 2020
Primary Location:Story City, IA, US, 50248
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45584
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy, Inc. is a leading clean energy company headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida. We own two electric companies - Florida Power & Light Company, which serves more than five million customer accounts in Florida and Gulf Power Company, which serves more than 460,000 customers in eight counties throughout Northwest Florida. Our Engineering, Construction and Supply Chain Business Unit is seeking an Associate Inventory Services Specialist to join their team at our facility in Story City, Iowa.
The selected candidate for this role will:
- Operate a forklift to load, unload, pick, and position materials to facilitate transportation and inventory operations;
- Pick and palletize material for jobs, requisitions, and stock transport orders (STOs);
- Operate banding and wrapping equipment to prepare materials for shipping;
- Coordinate material requests and performs inventory counts.
- Receive and validate incoming material.
This position performs inventory services functions and implements policies and programs directed towards providing inventory services. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs technical tasks of controlled scope, to support timely availability of material for scheduled jobs
- Provides support for: facility transfers, secondary locations, remote sites, overhauls, and refueling outages
- Performs research of material requests and material receipt inspection, using the appropriate on-line material management system
- Works in all aspects of warehouse and physical inventory control practices
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GEDHigh School Grad / GED
- Experience: 0+ years
- Valid Driver’s License (NON CDL)
- DOT Hazmat Trng Accordnce 49 CFR 172.704
- Industrialized Powered Forklift Qual
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Purchasing/ Procurement Organization: NextEra Project Mgmt Location: Story City, Iowa Other Work Locations: Iowa Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs