Westrock Company Production Supervisor - Sioux City, IA in Sioux City, Iowa
We are seeking a Production Supervisor to be located at our production facility in Sioux City, IA. The successful candidate will manage and coordinate the efforts of hourly team members to ensure product specifications are met with a high standard of quality, and ensure compliance with all standards, policies and regulations are followed for the safe and efficient operations of production in the facility.
How you will impact WestRock:
Manage and coordinate the efforts of the production team by actively engaging with staff on the production floor.
Communicate performance expectations to hourly team members and hold accountable for successful outcomes.
Ensure product specifications are met with a high standard of quality.
Ensure compliance with all standards, policies and regulations for the safe, environmentally sound production of a quality product.
What you need to succeed:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Work closely with team members to provide a safe work environment and ensure safety compliance during shift.
• Execute safety briefs to crews on a shift, daily, weekly, monthly, and annually.
• Make recommendations to improve safety, environmental and health of the entire facility.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the shift with constant emphasis on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
• Maintain department shop floor metrics, visual controls, and continuous improvement methods to the manufacturing floor.
• Monitor and track production daily goals utilizing Key Performance Indicators (KPSs) and report results on the plant scorecard, report all overruns, shortages, equipment breakdowns and tooling issues daily.
• Monitor and participate in Daily Management Systems (DMS) to track progress against production goals and enable performance excellence.
• Direct, train and coach team members.
• Oversee production demands and machine workloads through the day.
• Manage work schedules and adherence to attendance policies.
• Sustain productivity levels by properly staffing machines and equipment to meet customer demands and align any last-minute scheduling changes.
• Troubleshoot machine issues and quality defects that may arise throughout the shift.
• Ensure proper operations of equipment be requesting maintenance repairs and/or submitting work orders.
• Direct and execute daily production requirements to meet or exceed productivity goals / BHS Corrugator Goals.
• Maintain waste generation at or below budgeted standard.
• Inspect the finished product to ensure quality specifications are met.
• Conduct performance reviews and discipline action as needed.
• Be able to effectively communicate performance expectations and hold staff accountable for outcomes.
• Maintain housekeeping excellence by actively being on the production floor.
• Ensure all production reporting is completed timely and accurately for each shift.
• Perform regular audits for safety, machines, and housekeeping.
• Promote positive team member relations and be able to collaborate with team and management to promote successful outcomes.
• Must have 3-5 years of manufacturing experience; supervisory or leadership experience is preferred
• Corrugator or Converting experience is beneficial along knowledge of plant programs such as AS/400; KIWI planner Software; or Factory Floor Feedback Software
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training that demonstrates the ability to perform the key responsibilities of this position.
What we offer:
Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
An attractive salary and benefits package reflecting skills, competencies, and potential
A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
Company Relocation assistance
MUST BE WILLING TO WORK ANY SHIFT
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans
- Victory Packaging Jobs