Airgas Usa LLC Plant Operator / Delivery Driver (CDL A) in Sioux City, Iowa
/Are you ready to grow sales and be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward and exceed customer expectations?/
Apply Now and move your career forward with Airgas as a Plant Operator/Delivery Driver (CDL A) in Sioux City, IA!
/ Monday-Friday, First Shift!/
What you will do:
The Plant Operator/Delivery Driver sorts and examines cylinders, safely handles and fills gas products gas cylinders, and loads cylinders on vehicles. This position will also be responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional business customers using a company provided truck. As a Driver, this position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders while frequently interacting with Airgas customers.
Plant Operator responsibilities:
- Loads and unloads gas cylinders and/or other products onto and off of route trucks and trailers moving cylinders with proper carts only.
- Sorts empty cylinders by type.
- Understands hazards of various gases; size and contents of cylinders by reading and interpreting cylinder labels and the color-coding of tanks. Accurately labels cylinders.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares cylinders and vessels for filling.
- Performs basic cylinder maintenance such as painting cylinders, labeling cylinders, and cleaning of work area.
- Inspects cylinders, following standard procedures.
- Checks for cylinder quantities, styles and product, and/or assists with inventory
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Maintains a neat, clean and orderly plant appearance
- Other duties as assigned.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer’s place of business and collects empty cylinders.
- Establishes and maintains good customer relations.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
Successful candidates will have:
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Class A Driver’s license and Medical Examiner’s Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prior experience operating a forklift or other material handling equipment preferred
Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
We take care of you:
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Assistance and much more!
Who we are:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access® telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Plant Operator / Delivery Driver (CDL A)
Location: Iowa-Sioux City-51111
Requisition ID: 32608