Lincoln Journal Star Circulation Operations Manager in Sioux City, Iowa
Position at Sioux City Journal
Sioux City Journal is seeking a Circulation Operations Manager to maintain effective home delivery and single copy distribution and leverage efficiencies to control and align costs with distribution volume.
Maintain effective home delivery and single copy distribution.
- Align Distribution Centers and Quality Assurance operations to consistently achieve service goals especially among new carriers and known substitutes.
- Manage home delivery operations to achieve quality fulfillment goals: Carrier recruitment, selection, facilitate carrier understanding of expectations, assess capability to meet expectations, accountability and consequences, emphasis on opportunity and rewards (incentives, gratuities, profits).
- Identify causes resulting in fulfillment quality issues and variances to goal. Implement strategies and processes, including structural changes as needed, to achieve goals.
- Others duties as assigned
Leverage efficiencies to control and align costs with distribution volume.
- Review route structure, primarily in the city zone, with the option to expand territories assigned to each route. Achieve goal to reduce route to carrier ratio.
- Review single copy distribution process, cost, and ROI primarily with vending sales. Leverage excess capacity based on reduced volume. Achieve goal to restore distribution cost per unit to prior three year average.
- Align database with partner publishers at set intervals through audits. Identify and resolve variances resulting in improved delivery accuracy, reduced reliance and cost on quality assurance processes, and reduce delivery costs invested in unsupported delivery (active in Falcon, not active in partner database).
- Standardize processes in distribution centers with emphasis on efficient service. Create and maintain variance measures for labor investment, product shortages, and product quality.
Are motivated and driven, you like taking on challenges, finding creative solutions and helping people? Apply!
The Sioux City Journal Communications is a Drug-Free Employer. The Sioux City Journal (www.siouxcityjournal.com) and Lee Enterprises, Inc. (www.lee.net) are Equal Opportunity Employers.