Green Plains Renewable Energy, Inc. Maintenance Technician in Shenandoah, Iowa
Shenandoah, IA, USA
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company, recently expanding grain storage facilities, ethanol production and fueling terminal distribution businesses.
Position: Maintenance Tech Location: Shenandoah, IA
Job Summary: Position is a team member assigned to perform in areas of maintenance, repair/trouble shooting and installation to ensure safe and efficient production by responding to changing conditions in timely manner. Mechanical maintenance technology is an engineering discipline, and techs should be familiar with electrical, pneumatic, conveyors, drive systems, hydraulic systems and computers.
Essential Functions include but are not limited to:
- Able to work safely at all times and ensures compliance with all company policies, federal, state and local regulations
- Able to work independently or as part of a team
- Troubleshoot and make reactive repairs on a broad range of mechanical systems and equipment including hydraulic,
- pneumatic, lubrication, power transmission systems, conveyors, cranes, and mobile equipment
- Perform all assigned routine preventative maintenance in a timely manner
- Inspects equipment to determine location and nature of malfunction such as: leaks, breakages, faulty valves and pumps
- Patrols units to verify safe and efficient operating conditions
- Available to work flexible schedules, including working all shifts, weekends and some holidays as per our customer’s production schedules and requirements.
- Familiarity with industrial equipment operations
- Strong mechanical abilities and knowledge of hand tools
- Able to work with computers to complete Work Orders
- Experience with Arc and MIG-Tig welding (preferred but not required)
- Industrial machine repair experience
- Mechanical background with bearing changes, pumps, conveyors, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge in the areas of planning, organizing, interpersonal communications
- PLC/DCS knowledge (preferred but not required)
- Pneumatic Experience & Hydraulic Experience strongly preferred
- Diversified Industrial Machine Repair Experience: 2 year (Required). A minimum of four years of work-related skill, knowledge, and experience in on-the-job training and/or vocational training is needed for this job. Technical certifications are preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Technical/Trade School with preference of Maintenance Tech Degree
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
- Must be able to manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs, and work at heights.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts.
- The employee is regularly exposed to dusty conditions.
- The employee is regularly exposed to high noise environments.
- The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather in all conditions.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chemicals used in the process.
Green Plains Inc. offers competitive pay: a generous benefit package including business casual work environment, health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO) and a 401(k) retirement plan with immediate vesting and company safe harbor matching. All potential employees of Green Plains Inc. will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
High School or better
Posted: September 2, 2020