Ruthven Community Care Center Driver Transportation Assistant – Part Time in Ruthven, Iowa
Job Summary: :
The Driver Transportation Assistant safely operates and transports residents to activities and appointments in the facility bus.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities::
- Carefully assists residents as needed with entering and exiting the facility bus ensuring their safety at all times.
- Interacts professionally with healthcare professionals regarding resident’s appointments upon arrival as needed.
- Completes checklists and ensures proper maintenance of van is completed timely and as needed ensuring bus is in efficient operating condition at all times.
- Ensures bus is clean and well equipped.
- Available to facility as needed, on call.
- Demonstrates high standards of excellence for meeting resident needs. Communicates effectively, establishes rapport and maintains relationships with residents.
- Meets requirement of regular attendance to perform job duties.
- Follows instructions and completes daily assignments as assigned and is proactive to change.
- Possesses understanding and compassion for the elderly population.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Qualifications::
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalency (required).
Prior driving experience (strongly preferred) License/Certifications:
CPR Certification (required – will provide training upon hire)
- Valid driver’s license (required). Additional Responsibilities::
Continuing Educational Requirement:
- Required to complete annual 12-hour in-service training programs (as well as supplemental online education). Failure to complete the 12-hour in-service training program, or any other requirement under internal policies, local, state, or federal law may result in termination