Ag Parnters Feed Utility Operator in Newell, Iowa
Primary responsibilities of the Utility Operator are to aid in feed production and light maintenance at all locations. Other responsibilities will include, but not limited to, receiving ingredients, housekeeping, and covering mill operators when needed.
- Follow processes and procedures to ensure compliance with Ag Partners and regulatory requirements (OSHA, EPA, ISO, HACCP, GMP, FSMA, etc.)
- Responsible for maintaining assigned equipment and housekeeping duties and report any malfunctions
- Maintain good co-worker, customer, and company relations by representing Ag Partners with high integrity
- Serve on cross functional teams and offer advice to management as needed
- Be aware of and accept new technology
- Maintain a working knowledge of the mill operations
- Receive ingredients, both bulk and bagged
- Act as a back up to all hourly operations within the location
- Act as a trainer to all hourly operations in the feed mill when needed
- Support labor fluctuations in the mill, outside operations, and receiving
- Support all of NW IA feed mills
- Warehouse support and Maintenance support
- Other projects as assigned
- Provide operations support and help with bags, crumbles, etc
- Provide back-up to the logistics coordinator
- Perform minor routing maintenance on equipment, including deep cleaning, supporting Maintenance Technicians, preventative maintenance processes, maintenance stockroom functions as assigned
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of basic computer functions
- Able to read, write, and speak English.
- Be familiar with agricultural production.
- Pass post offer drug test.
- Work in adverse weather conditions.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations
- Class A CDL preferred but not required
Location: Newell, IA
Employment duration: Full time