Girl Scouts of America Site Manager, Camp Ranger in New Liberty, Iowa
Site Manager, Camp Ranger
Girl Scouts Of Eastern Iowa And Western Illinois, Inc.
Job Location: IA - New Liberty
Salary Range: To Be Determined
Employment Type: Full-Time (Regular)
Job #: 3975
Post Date: 3/12/2018
The Site Manager/Camp Ranger manages all aspects of camp property and works closely with camp directors, volunteers, and council staff to ensure that camp users have a successful experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
• Manages all aspects of camp property including year-round grounds maintenance, site maintenance, perimeter boundaries, and inventory of tools, equipment and supplies.
• Assists with repairs and maintenance all council facilities, as needed.
• Responsible for the camp property budget.
• Cleans and maintains buildings and equipment as needed.
• Monitors site for damage caused by weather or vandalism and reports findings to the Vice-President of Property.
• Supervises seasonal maintenance personnel.
• Schedules and implements seasonal campsite facilities services maintenance (water connections, sewer pumping, major repairs, etc.).
• Acts as a professional campsite representative and assists campers and camp visitors as they enter the camp for their stay.
• Follows GSUSA, ACA, and council policies and guidelines and ensures compliance with relevant federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and codes.
• Reside at camp and assure security of grounds and facilities year-round.
• Works with cross-functional teams to develop innovative techniques to ensure ongoing effective delivery of the Girl Scout experience for stakeholders.
• Identifies and seeks out opportunities to leverage existing system technology.
• Researches and identifies new technology to enhance system functionality and leverage the work of the council.
• Ensures Girl Scouting is open to all girls and adults by delivering the Girl Scout message of pluralism and diversity to members of the council.
• Promotes and assists with council-wide programs, activities, public relations and fund development endeavors.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Job location: Camp Liberty, 4415 295th Street, New Liberty, IA 52765 EOE/Committed to Diversity
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS and REQUIREMENTS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Experience in grounds and property maintenance
• Basic plumbing, carpentry, electrical skills and mechanical repair
• Ability to lift 60 lbs. or more consistently
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Familiarity with the use of power equipment
• Ability to work in and withstand extreme weather conditions
• Ability to work long hours with physically demanding work
• Able to pass a health physical
• Supervisory skills
• Valid driver’s license
• Access to reliable transportation and proof of vehicle insurance
• Belief in and supports the mission of the Girl Scouts
• Become a registered Girl Scout member
• Oral and Written Communication
• Customer Service-Oriented
• Detail Oriented
• Goal Driven
• Flexible non-traditional work hours
• Works in a variety of extreme weather conditions
• Works independently and as part of a cross-functional team
• Frequent travel to council leadership centers and camp facilities required
Direct Reports: 1; Indirect Reports: 0
For more information, please contact the council directly.
How to Apply
Please apply at https://girlscoutstoday.isolvedhire.com/pages/aboutus/ or at www.GirlScoutsToday.org, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on our Career tab.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois
940 Golden Valley DriveBettendorf, IA 52722
Web Site: http://www.girlscoutstoday.org/