Sparboe Farms Processing Supervisor in New Hampton, Iowa
Sparboe Foods is a growing company that prides itself on giving its employees ample opportunities to learn, develop, and advance within the organization. Employees work in a clean, safe, temperature controlled environment. 1st and 2nd shift available.
Sparboe offers competitive pay and comprehensive benefits for you and eligible family members, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, flexible spending account, 401(k) with match, holiday pay and paid time off.
POSITION TITLE: Further Processsing Supervisor
Position Summary: The Further Processing Supervisor will oversee the company’s further processing, including Mixing, Pasteurizing, Can-Off, Freezing, and Drying of egg products at Sparboe Foods-New Hampton, Iowa. This position has direct reports that implement some aspect of the policies and procedures of the further processing function. Position will also fill in for 2nd Shift Production Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Being knowledgeable of aspects of the different egg products.
- Understanding the panel view system and the functions of the pasteurizer, filling equipment, dryer and CIP.
- Know and understand USDA’s rules and regulations for further processed egg products.
- Ability to maintain records and charts to meet Quality Assurance and USDA’s requirements.
- Ability to follow and enforce Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP’s), Standard Operating Procedure (SOP’s) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) while working.
- Work effectively with all other departments within the plant.
- Promote a safe and productive work atmosphere.
- Involvement in developing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures throughout the plant with an emphasis in further processed egg products.
- Develop a positive working relationship with USDA
- Assist with implementation of corrective action for audit deficiencies and customer complaints as appropriate.
- Help trouble shoot root causes for product that does not meet internal and customer specifications.
- Report and document any potential production problems. Provide input, observations, and recommendations of solutions.
- Assist in identifying inefficient and ineffective processes and procedures, recommend and assist in the implementation of improvements.
- Assist with process start up: work with production to ensure that processing and formulas are carried out according to specifications. Assist with the training of personnel on formulas, processing procedures, specifications, new equipment operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Training of production employees.
- Report any food safety and quality issues/problems to personnel with authority to initiate action.
Essential Skills and Experience Needed:
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal and customers service skills.
- Computer Skills. Including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Good judgment. Focus on detail and accuracy a must. Ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and dependable follow-up
- Strong organizational skills and ability to lead a team effort.
- Project a professional image and demeanor.
- Tact in dealing with others while remaining persistent.
- Perseverance to fix the underlying root problems instead of going for a quick fix.
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions to develop or modify system processes to enhance efficiency and
HOW TO APPLY: In person or online Applications accepted M-F 8:00am-3:00pm 900 North Linn Ave. New Hampton, IA 50659
Sparboe is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Posted: September 14, 2018