UnityPoint Health Receptionist/Experience Specialist - Float Position in Muscatine, Iowa
Patient Service Representative
Family Med- Muscatine North Port
1.0 FTE (40 hrs/week) Full Time Benefits
Float Position: float to FM Northport, Internal Med, GYN, Peds, General Surgery, FM Mulberry, Express Care Northport and Wilton FM.
Hours Vary 8am-5pm and when in Express Care may work weekend and nights 11am-8pm
At UnityPoint Health - We believe our people are amazing! Our team members are the compassionate core of who we are and how we serve. As a member of our team you play a vital role in this. We support the work that you will do by staying focused on what matters: YOU, our patients, visitors and family members. Are you ready to join a team that is passionate about excellence? If you answered “yes!” read on about our open Experience Specialist position.
Perks of joining our team-
Medical, Vision and Dental Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Life Insurance Options
Long and Short Term Disability Insurance
Generous Paid Time Off
Team Member Discounts
This position involves greeting patients and visitors and providing courteous, caring and professional assistance to all individuals contacting the office. Answering the telephone, scheduling appointments and working with clinical staff to provide efficient patient flow. Responsible for working efficiently with the electronic health record and billing system to input information related to billing and scheduling. In addition to tasks associated with this position, our team members must demonstrate professionalism, respect, good attitudes, effective communication, timeliness and commitment.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
· High School or Vocational School graduate
· Previous medical office experience preferred.
· Previous experience with an electronic health record or medical office software preferred.
· Previous experience coding diagnoses and procedures with ICD09-CM and CPT preferred.
· Ability to demonstrate strong customer service skills.
· Ability to effectively enter information into a variety of computer programs.
· Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
· Ability to interact effectively with physicians, health care team members, individuals and members of their support systems.
· Ability to communicate effectively with people of diverse professional, education and lifestyle backgrounds.
· Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English
· Multicultural sensitivity
· Microsoft Office – basic computer skills.
· Customer/patient focused
· Critical thinking skills using independent judgment in making decisions
· Knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2021-97427
Street: 3426 North Port Dr
Name: 6110 UnityPoint Health Muscatine Trinity
Name: Family Medicine- North Port
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org