The Raymond Corporation Manufacturing Engineer - Tooling Design - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Receives limited supervision from manager. Follows procedures, policies and/or guidelines for some decisions but has autonomy to modify routine and substantive procedures as required. Regularly writes weld programs for Robotic systems, develops all aspects of weld processes and flow. Regularly troubleshoots & Addresses operator problems, etc. Is expected to utilize creativity and ingenuity in order to accomplish tasks in most costs effective, accurate timely manor. Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge provides technical support to multiple levels of managers and/or employees over a variety of process issues. Regularly analyzes/evaluates processes and, as needed, make modifications. Understanding of TPS or Rapid Continuous Improvement, Material and process flow would be a plus.
· Regularly leads small teams in planning, testing, and/or modification of manufacturing processes.
· Utilizing specialized engineering knowledge (i.e. manufacturing, quality, industrial, mechanical, product, etc.), provides technical support to multiple levels of managers and/or employees.
· May occasionally lead cross-functional teams.
· Exchanges information/regularly communicate with multiple internal departments re: programming issues.
· Maintains system in support of product flow.
· Must have experience working with CREO; experience with Windchill a plus.
· Keeps abreast of innovation in state of the art engineering techniques.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Focus on the development of manual and robotic weld processes, machine programming, and testing.