The Raymond Corporation Machinist (3rd shift) - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Receives limited supervision. Sets up and operates selected groups of manual equipment and computer controlled production machines in order to fabricate a variety of complex, mid to low volume parts.
- Sets up and operates selected groups of manual equipment and computer controlled production machines that include brake press machines, machining centers, programmable mills and drills, automatic lathes and laser cutters.
- Receives processed parts and reads blueprints/sketches in order to fabricate a variety of complex, mid-low volume parts. Anticipates and resolves problems associated with job set up. Adheres to proper feeds, speeds and settings to maximize production levels and machine/tool life.
- Required to inspect own work prior to next operation. Serves as precision and operational inspector of Production Operators. Makes adjustments, sends work back, as necessary.
- Maintains work area and equipment in neat, organized manner. Ensures inventory of required supplies are kept at appropriate levels. Uses P.C. to expedite parts as required to meet schedule.
- Stacks, and/or moves completed work by following material handling procedures.
- Provides work direction/assistance to Production Operators on a regular basis.
- Performs related work as assigned.