The Raymond Corporation ATL - 4K Assembly - Muscatine, IA in Muscatine, Iowa
Working in a Toyota Production System (TPS) environment, coaches, mentors, provides leadership to, and provides on-the-job training to employees within their functional area. A portion of work time will likely be spent performing the same duties as employees on the production line.
- Sets an example for safety and fosters a safe work environment within functional area of responsibility. Provides leadership and participates in the risk Risk Assessment, 5S and STOP programs.
- Ensures that quality objectives are achieved. Monitors processes to ensure quality checks are carried out and develops countermeasures against defects. Provides feedback to employees in functional area regarding work processes, procedures, and work assignments.
- Working closely with employees in functional area of responsibility, identifies opportunities for continuous improvement (kaizen) and makes recommendations for implementation. Upon approval takes leadership role in the facilitation and implementation of kaizen. Provides leadership in TPS driven processes and activities. Assists in Jishuken activities.
- Assigns, monitors and observes daily work assignments to ensure work standards and instructions are performed properly and ensuring goals are met and maintains Standardized Work documentation. Interacts with Supervisor and/or Manager daily to coordinate efforts and communicate effectively with employees. Reports daily results and provides input to employees' performance.
- Uses problem solving techniques to proactively address issues or concerns internal to their functional area of responsibility, elevating to Supervisor and/or Manager where appropriate for resolution.
- Monitors employees' morale and makes recommendations through communication with management in order to ensure positive morale for functional area of responsibility.
- Provides on-the-job training for employees in functional area of responsibility, ensuring all employees are well trained for safe and successful completion of their jobs. Provides cross training to employees to provide challenge and opportunity for employees and to ensure flexibility in meeting daily work assignments/commitments.
- Monitors and arranges for proper preventive maintenance of machines, equipment, and facilities for functional areas of responsibility.
- Performs similar duties as line employees on an as needed basis.
- May participate in interview process to select employees for their department.
- Performs related work as assigned.