Cornerstone Building Brands Production Technician - Panel in Mt Pleasant, Iowa
Production Technician - Panel
Mt Pleasant, IA 52641, USAReq #8715
Monday, February 15, 2021
Cornerstone Building Brands is the largest manufacturer of exterior building products in North America. Our comprehensive portfolio spans the breadth of the residential and commercial markets, while our expansive footprint enables us to serve customers and communities across North America. Our relentless focus on excellence combined with our ongoing commitment to innovation and R&D has driven us to become the #1 manufacturer of windows, vinyl siding, insulated metal panels, metal roofing and wall systems, and metal accessories. We believe every building we create, and every part of that building, positively contributes to communities where people live, work and play.
Cornerstone Building Brands is seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our manufacturing team! The Production Technician must be able to set up and operate heavy machinery and related gauges to perform various manufacturing production. The Production Technician must have thorough knowledge of production techniques and have the ability to produce quality-building parts.
Position includes comprehensive benefits package and paid time off on day one and mentorship support to ensure successful team member growth and development. Overtime is anticipated with this full-time, direct hire opportunity.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities
· Support company Core Values, participate in Safe work environment and completes observations
· Inspect equipment for safety
· Read and understand a production order
· Meet company safety requirements
· Meet company productivity requirements
· Meet company and customer quality requirements
· Use forklift, crane, and manual handling of materials, complete proper documentation for materials produced
· Good communication with team, supervisor and management
· High School Diploma orEquivalent
· 1 year of experience preferred- understands and competent in all aspects of safe & efficient operation
· Detail and quality oriented
· Verifiable dependability and energetic
· Good communication skills
· Basic computer skills (Email, Internet, Excel, Word)
· Requires use of measuring tools
· Able to read tape measure
· Able to lift 50 lbs
· Forklift and crane a plus - must be trainable
· Flexible with working overtime and weekends when needed
· Physical Requirements/ Conditions:
· Standing and walking 8-12 hrs everyday
· Repetitive lifting of 50+ lbs throughout shift and occasionally with awkward body positioning
· Varying and extreme working conditions outside (Hot, Cold, Rain, Shine)
· Ability to work with team members to meet common goals; safety, production and quality. Able to give and receive feedback.
Day one paid time off benefits
Competitive medical plans
Health and dependent care flexible spending accounts
Dental and vision insurance
Company-paid short-term and long-term disability
Quarterly bonus program
Culture based in employee development, continuous improvement, and safety!
$500 Sign On Bonus After 90 Days!
Cornerstone Building Brands is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, protected veteran status, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or national origin.
We have been made aware of multiple scams whereby unauthorized individuals are using Cornerstone Building Brand's name and logo to solicit potential job-seekers for employment. In some cases, job-seekers are being contacted directly, both by phone and e-mail. In other instances, these unauthorized individuals are placing advertisements for fake positions with both legitimate websites and fabricated ones. These individuals are typically promising high-paying jobs with the requirement that the job-seeker send money to pay for things such as visa applications or processing fees. Please be advised that Cornerstone Building Brands will never ask potential job-seekers for any sort of advance payment or bank account information as part of the recruiting or hiring process.
Required EducationHigh School
- Mt Pleasant, IA 52641, USA