Continental Development Engineer in Mount Pleasant, Iowa
Mount Pleasant, IA
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Mount Pleasant, IA location is seeking a Development Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Develop fluid system solutions, hose products, and related manufacturing processes to support hose manufacturing at Mount Pleasant, IA.
• Conduct feasibility studies and testing on new and modified designs.
• Directs support personnel in the preparation of design testing and prototype fabrication.
• Lead design, development, validation, verification, and release of mechanical system/component engineering.
• Create and review mechanical drawings.
• Direct change management (documentation and part number release) for hose and fluid system components
• Work with internal and external customers
• Generate concepts for improved hose and fluid system designs and processes.
• Provide technical support for Marketing, Field Sales, and Manufacturing
• Develop innovative and new to the world fluid system solutions component, hose product, and materials
• Actively drive product cost savings by incorporating best cost materials, optimal designs, and processes.
• Lead marginal product improvement activities
• Finalize product SAP specifications and related documents
• Utilize project management, design of experiments, and structured problem-solving techniques
• Other duties as directed
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Relevant BS Engineering Degree
• Prior experience within a manufacturing setting
• CAD tool
• Proficient in MS Office tools
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Analytical abilities and aptitude in problem-solving
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
• 5 years of related professional experience.
• Experience with thermal plastic hose and materials
with a minimum of 3 years of experience
• Hose, reinforcement, and rubber materials knowledge and development
Division Footer Text
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Business Area ContiTech develops, produces and markets products, systems and intelligent components made from rubber, plastic, metal and textiles. These products are used in mining, the agricultural industry, railway engineering mechanical and plant engineering, the automotive industry and other important sectors of the future.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
- Continental Jobs