Progress Rail Services Corp. Warehouse Planner in Marshalltown, Iowa
Auto req ID: 3673BR
Posting Title: Warehouse Planner
Job Category: Supply Chain
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of products and services to domestic and international railroad customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs. Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and innovative team members work together to address the challenges of the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Responsible for inbound, receiving inventory areas, including but not limited to assisting with SAP transactions. Review supplier or inter-company receiving issues, routing/material flow, data updates, stock strategy, engineering changes, reporting and metrics. Additionally, the role will provide fact based, accurate analysis, and recommendations. Along with communicating inventory issues to management.
Key Job Elements
• Effectively manage shortages to mitigate impact on operations.
• Support material receiving and report any and all issues.
• Support inventory and master data entry to ensure required accuracy levels.
• Support area team leads to ensure all processes are properly executed
• Communicate with material coordinators to ensure proper prioritization of material packaging
• Support Inventory/Planning Supervisor directives for continuous improvement.
• Assists in other areas and duties as assigned by Inventory/Planning Supervisor.
• System data entry/spreadsheet coordination and analysis.
• Create/improve process documentation and standard work practices.
• Communicate known shortages to and assist in the development of recovery plan
Education / Training
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience in supply chain
Qualifications and Experience
• Minimum 2 years manufacturing/logistics experience
• Intermediate level skills of Microsoft Office(Excel/Word/PowerPoint)
• Ability to comfortably present to team members and other area Leaders
• Strong interpersonal/organizational/ communication/prioritization skills a must
• SAP system knowledge
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available medical/dental/life/disability insurance coverage and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may be available for some positions.
*Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Equal Opportunity Employer – Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities