WindStream Communications Material Coordinator in Manchester, Iowa
/"Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority.”/
Windstream is a leading provider of advanced network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
*This position follows a union bidding process*
About the Role:
As a Materials Coordinator on the Kinetic Engineering and OSP Construction team you are the owner for all things related to construction materials and inventory including accurate completion of picking and staging construction materials daily and completing system shipping to account for job numbers and inventory accuracy. In this role you will report to and work closely with the Materials Manager to complete daily cycle counts and assist with loading and unloading shipments. You will manage inbound receipts and provide shortage, overage or damage information to the Materials Manager as needed. You are also responsible for scheduling freight pick-ups and completing all required documentation for bill of ladings or manifests.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform tasks related to dock and stock work including picking, packing, unpacking, and shipping.
- Perform tasks related to staging materials for upcoming construction projects.
- Load and unload materials from pallets, trucks or cartons and ensure they are moved to proper stock keeping locations.
- Count, weigh, and verify materials.
- Schedule and prepare documentation for outbound freight pick-up.
- Handle and move material using hand trucks, electric dolly, forklift, or other devices; stack or assemble materials.
- Prepare records of material received, perform cycle audit counting, and assist in performance of more complex tasks.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace and perform stock location cleaning.
- Maintain proper system accounting and account coding of all materials.
- Maintain appropriate stocking levels of equipment/materials.
- Adhere to established safety practices and procedures.
Do You Have?
- Experience working with radio-frequency devices to scan and record inventory transactions.
- Ability to begin work or undertake a project on your own initiative, without needing to be told or encouraged to do so.
- Experience with warehouse management software and systems, MS Office products, especially Excel, to perform daily duties.
- An appreciation for working in a team environment and ability to effectively work with others.
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials easily.
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to adhere to all safety precautions and procedures.
- Ability to adapt to changes in working conditions and solve problems quickly.
- Ability to lift heavy materials, at times exceeding 50 pounds and climb ladders.
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work in inclement weather
High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years’ experience with 3 years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
*Even Better: *
Experience managing construction materials and inventory
- Previous experience operating warehouse material handling, including forklifts.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans
- 401K Plan
- Health & Flexible Savings Account
- Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans
- Educational Assistance Plan
- Identity Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance
- /Participation in Windstream’s benefit plans by employees in bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective bargaining agreement/
Primary Location: *US-Iowa-Manchester
Job Category: Bargaining
Requisition ID: 21003604
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs