Wells Dairy Inc. Set-Up Supervisor - Weekend Nights - South Plant in Le Mars, Iowa
Responsible for day-to-day facility and equipment setup activities as well as the preparation of production lines to run. This position ensures assigned teams satisfy all Sanitary and Food Safety requirements and coordinates all required transitions between the setup, sanitation, and start up of production lines.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Ensure that setup activities in support of production start up are performed and completed consistently in accordance with established SOPs and Standard Work. Establish regular communication practices and process with production to allow for effective transition between functions. Support quality, sanitation, and production
- Conduct Plant sanitation inspections; follow up on completion of items found during inspections. Ensure compliance with all HACCP, PMO, and SQF requirements.
- Maintain and update SOPS and Standard Work to reflect changes in equipment design, new equipment, or changes in procedures. Ensure that relevant training is performed as needed.
- Ensure that proper documentation is performed and documented consistently during setup and ensure that food safety
- Coaches and develops employees on a regular basis to safely and effectively perform assigned tasks and responsibilities in accordance with established SOPs/Standard work and documents as required.
Hours: Night shift with approximate start time of 2:00PM. Friday - Monday.
- Bachelors Degree in Microbiology, Food Science, or Engineering Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years demonstrated experience in a medical product, food or nutritional product manufacturing setting.
- Skills familiarity with manufacturing and chemical sanitation principles. General ability to understand facility specific processes such as weighing, measuring, mixing, cleaning, sterilization, documentation, process control automation.
- Ability to establish strong relationships throughout the organization, work in a collaborative environment, communicate clearly and effectively, and good attention to detail.
If you meet these requirements and are interested in this position, to be considered for an interview you must complete an online application at www.wellscareers.com**
Wells Enterprises, Inc., is an EEO/AA Employer M/F/Vet/D
Primary Location: United States-Iowa-Le Mars
Job Posting: Apr 6, 2018, 2:30:48 PM
Req ID: 1800000246