Amentum Instructor Operator (Camp Dodge, Iowa) in Johnston, Iowa
* Position contingent on contract award on/about 28 September 2020 *
Amentum is currently seeking applicants for Instructor/Operator (I/O) positions. These positions are in support of the Army Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC) Program.
The I/O role provides training services for the Medical Simulation Training Center (MSTC), which plans and carries out instruction and validation in accordance with accepted medical practices and established military medical and operational doctrine. The I/O will be capable of instructing a mixed population of Soldiers, both inexperienced and seasoned. The training may be conducted in a classroom or a field training/evaluation environment.
The I/O will utilize approved simulation scenarios included in the course POI or as approved by US Army EMS and ensure that the medical simulation scenarios are designed to be as realistic as possible. Therefore, he/she will utilize moulage techniques, environmental control, and theatrical special effects to simulate the injuries and environment that the military medic or first responder may confront during various operational echelons and or theatres. Moreover, he/she will assess the students’ critical thinking skills and psychomotor skills based on their ability to perform under these high-fidelity situations.
The I/O will be capable of instructing, demonstrating skills and testing Soldiers in all areas of the 68W Sustainment, EMT levels, as well as CLS courses.
• Ensure that training courses address all levels of students. • Capable of instructing, demonstrating skills and testing Soldiers in all areas of the 68W Sustainment, EMT, and NREMT Nationally Registered Paramedic (NRP) level in support of EMT Sustainment Course, as well as CLS courses. All I/Os must meet the minimum Instructor qualifications for course they instruct. • Comfortable instructing a mixed population of Soldiers, both inexperienced and seasoned, in class sizes not to exceed the instructor /student ratios as directed by the AMEDDC&S. • Work with the training unit to assist the unit in preparing for training to include equipment use, preparation and clean up. • Possess presentation skills to train and educate students/ employees on technical material and applications. • Remain informed of and must maintain proficiency with applicable company products. • Ability to take inventory and manage consumable items (skins, synthetic blood, etc.) along with the Preventive Maintenance Checks & Services (PMCS) Kits. • Perform PMCS (daily maintenance) on all equipment. • Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding student/ employee information. • Work independently and as part of a team.
• I/Os shall be current in and maintain National Registry Emergency Medical Technician (NREMT) with a level of Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) or higher. In addition, I/Os shall comply with the following requirement: o Currently licensed Registered Nurse, Physician Assistant or Physician • Must maintain Basic Life Support-Health Care Provider (BLS-HCP) certification. • Must complete TC 8-800 (all tables) or the most current TC3 instructor course offered by the Army Medical Department (AMEDD). All I/Os must complete TC 8-800 skills validation annually. • Comprehension skills for understanding products and applying knowledge to presentation. • Personal computer and business solutions software skills. • Must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance if required. • Must be willing to travel to various locations across the U.S. for training purposes.
• Active paramedic certification highly desired.
• A former Navy Enlisted Classification (NEC) 8404 or Navy Independent Duty Corpsman E-6 or above • A former Air Force 4NOX1, or an Aerospace Medical Service (4NOX1) E-6 or above • Combat experience is preferred, especially in the medical specialties listed above from all service. • Knowledge of site technical and operational staff functions. • Prior experience in course development and education methodology. • Experience with software languages used in simulation. • Communication skills to write training manuals and procedures. • Interpersonal skills for interacting with all levels of employees/students. • Ability and desire to actively pursue learning opportunities in the technical/engineering and training fields.
EOE including Disability/Protected Veterans. If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability—or unable to use—the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Reasonable Accommodation Helpline at 1-888-877-3181 or 301-944-3299 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. In order to address your request, the following information is needed:
Upon receipt of this information we will respond to you promptly to obtain more information about your request.
- Amentum Jobs