Land O' Lakes WinField United - Technical Seed Manager (Iowa) in Iowa
This role is part of our WinField United business that provides crop inputs and insights to farmers through our network of independent ag retailers. Through our leadership expertise, high quality products, rich data and innovative ag technology, we strive to help the retailers and farmers they serve intelligently advance agriculture and help farmers win in every field around the world.
*Position Purpose: *
The role of the Technical Seed Manager is to provide agronomic technical, marketing and sales support to Winfield United sales personnel. Work collectively as a national team with Product Managers to manage CROPLAN brand seed offerings and life cycles. Understand and support partner brand offerings through Winfield United. Keep sales staff informed on agronomic practices, products and insights within assigned geography.
*Experience-Education (Required): *
- MS or PhD in agronomy or closely aligned fields with 3 more years of field experience is preferred. Candidates with a BS degree and five or more years of relative industry experience will be considered.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft suite of products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to work in team environment and independently
- Proven ability to interact well with customers, suppliers, employees and management at all levels.
- Proven ability to solve and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
*Competencies-Skills (Required): *
- Mobilize Talent, Shape the Future, Conflict Management, Creativity / Innovation, Teamwork
- Other skills: Able to lift 50 lb. bags; able to climb on and off of farm machinery; able to walk and work in field & research plots; good written and verbal communication skills; presentation skills; concentration, memory and sound decision making
- Daily travel, extended hours and overnight travel required (50% or more). Must have acceptable driving record in order to operate company owned vehicle.
- Environment: Farm machinery can be loud, fields are dusty and dirty, and weather conditions can vary from hot and humid to cold and wet.
*Competencies-Skills (Preferred): *
- Need to be proficient with all WinField tools (i.e. R7 Tool, Equinox, CRM, etc.)
*EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O’Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing. *
Primary Location: US-Iowa
Job Function: Marketing
Job Type: Experienced
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting: Jul 10, 2018
Req ID: R-4044