Cargill Utility Operator in Iowa Falls, Iowa
This Full-time position is in Iowa Falls, IA however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
Cargill’s Agricultural Supply Chain (CASC) connects producers and users of grains and oilseeds around the globe through sourcing, storing, trading, processing, and distributing, as well as offering a range of financial, risk management, and customized farmer services. Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. We depend on creative, responsible, hardworking individuals like you to operate our business successfully!
• Understanding and adhering to all safety rules and regulations.
• Maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
• Responsible for day to day operations of the plant, including material handling. Operate all equipment associated with the department assigned to, including scales, drags and conveyors.
• Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision: including dust collectors, extractors, DT, meal dryers and bean tanks.
• Control traffic through department and ensure that all visitors follow safety rules.
• Troubleshoot problems as required.
• Perform light maintenance, such as replacing valves, troubleshooting conveyors and pumps, etc. while safely using wrenches, air tools, hammers and various hand tools.
• Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for environmental impact of the operation.
• Inspect buildings, grounds, and equipment utilized by facility; determine immediate and long range needs for maintenance and repair work. Enter notifications utilizing maintenance computer program.
• Understand and adhere to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health rules and regulations as related to plant safety. Follow all Cargill safety rules and regulations.
• Complete all housekeeping assignments, work to improve the condition of the department, and work as a team member with a positive attitudes
• Other duties as assigned.
• Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
• Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
• Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50 lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
• Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
• Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written).
• High School diploma/GED
• Ability to use a computer
• Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice
• Ability to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment
• SAP knowledge
• Working knowledge of Microsoft office software, with an emphasis on Excel and Word
• Inventory systems
• Forklift certified
• Experience working in a production or plant environment
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
At Cargill, everyone matters and everyone counts. Cargill is committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. As such and in alignment with our Guiding Principles, Cargill's long-standing equal employment opportunity policy prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant based on race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, marital status, family status, citizenship status, veteran status, military status, union affiliation, or any other status protected by law.
Cargill also complies with all applicable national and local laws and regulations pertaining to non-discrimination and employment.
Notice to Recruiters and Staffing Agencies: Cargill, Inc. and subsidiaries (“Cargill”) have an internal recruiting department. Please review this notice.
US Employment Resources: Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Cargill Jobs