Shive-Hattery Group Inc. Project Manager in Iowa City, Iowa
Job ID 1471 Location Iowa City, IA Apply Now
Shive-Hattery’s Iowa City office seeks a Project Manager with a background in the A/E/C industry and a passion for managing multi-discipline projects. We are looking for a teammate with a strong desire to collaboratively unite the Client, Designer and Contractor to deliver our client’s desired outcomes.
This highly rewarding position requires an appreciation of teamwork, a passion for continuous improvement, a business mindset, and the ability to bring the best out of team members, both internal and external.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Manage project financials and assist with resource management planning.
- Manage development of Design Contract Documents to meet client’s requirements for scope, budget, schedule and quality
- Prepare project progress reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in business development activities including client research, networking, conferences, interviews and presentations.
- Grow and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, general contractors, and subcontractors
- Strong understanding of Contracts and Construction Documents.
- Ability to manage projects with various Project Delivery methods
- Ability to develop, communicate and negotiate a clear project scope, schedule and fee
- Be a solution finder when project challenges occur
- Be able to coach project team members by listening and talking through challenges, and getting a shared agreement on how to move forward
- PMI’s PMP Certification is preferred or must be attained within 2 years.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associates Degree, preferred in Construction Management, Engineering or Architecture
- Minimum of two years of managing multi-discipline, building related construction projects
Business professional responsible for managing projects and leading the project teams from beginning to end by applying knowledge, skills, and company accepted methodologies in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations. Candidate shall exhibit a “Pleasure to serve Attitude” that is complimented with strong Communication, Team Building, and Solution finding skills.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package. Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected
Future Consideration: No