Hallmark Total Tech 9366 Field Service Technician in Iowa City, Iowa
Position Title: Field Service Technician *Location: Iowa City, IA area Relocation: No *Position Type: Staff Position with Good Benefits *Salary: $50K – $55K, D.O.E. *Position Number: 9366**
Our client designs and manufactures sheet metal products and equipment for the HVAC and machinery industries across the globe. They have asked Hallmark to help them find a Field Service Technician to handle installation, training and ongoing service of complex machinery and equipment. The person in this role will investigate mechanical and electrical equipment and controls, making repairs as needed. A strong knowledge of mechanical and electronics principles will be needed, in order to troubleshoot malfunctions and restore equipment to operation.
This role reports to the Service Manager, and covers all of the United States, Canada, and Mexico. The position requires 85% travel, Monday – Friday, with occasional weekend trips. Travel will be by car within a 5 hour radius, and by plane anywhere else. This is a staff position with a solid company, offering a good career path, mileage reimbursement, and per diem.
- Performs mechanical duties such as installing, repairing, dismantling, and/or moving company-manufactured equipment.
- Plans and performs work, requiring a thorough knowledge of electrical and electronic theory, principles, and specifications.
- Receives wiring diagrams, drawings, specifications, and instructions, either verbally or in writing, concerning emergency and scheduled repair, installation, and inspection work to be performed.
- Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuit modules, printed circuit boards, vacuum tubes, and similar electronic devices.
- Advises operators and line mechanics of standard operating procedures and requirements for working safely with electronic equipment and components.
- Maintains and installs communication cables, power distribution cables and wiring, and performs splicing as required.
- Installs and/or changes the layout of machines and mechanical equipment in customer facilities.
- Analyzes mechanical and operational problems on assigned equipment, plans for and takes corrective action. Makes necessary corrections and running adjustments to maintain maximum production and quality.
- Tests equipment to check operation. Clears jams and sets aside product for inspection and rework. Tries out equipment after repairs, changeovers or extended downtime.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments. Checks product for visual defects.
- Makes preventive maintenance check and inspection of assigned equipment, reporting findings to customer and taking appropriate action.
- Examines defects and analyzes spoilage causes and, where possible, takes corrective action.
- Notifies customer’s maintenance department / supervisor of equipment malfunctions and corrective action taken, and of quality problems or supplies needed.
- Instructs and directs any customer maintenance trainees assigned.
- Advises and cautions operators and mechanics about potential electrical problems and inherent dangers involved.
- Analyzes circuits, wiring diagrams and drawings to install, repair, calibrate, service or replace electronic devices and systems.
- Services electronic equipment by checking, testing, and replacing faulty components, circuits, printed circuit boards, and similar electronic devices.
- May occasionally need to perform minor welding jobs.
- Performs heavy maintenance work involving climbing and rigging.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Field Service experience in electro-mechanical repair / maintenance.
- Extensive knowledge in both mechanical and electrical principles, and ability to apply to specific jobs as required.
- Ability to travel extensively both domestic and international.
- Ability to communicate and interact with a wide variety of individuals involving company’s customers and their employees.
- Thorough product knowledge. Full understanding of customer service philosophy and procedures of the company.
- High degree of precision working with minimum tolerance required. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power. Exposed to high voltage electricity.
- Ability to climb in overhead structures, to work beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work.
To view other Hallmark jobs, please go to www.HallmarkJobs.com. Hallmark and our Client are Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employers. We encourage all qualified people with the current right to work for any employer in the USA to apply. NOTE: We cannot consider H-1 Visa candidates for this position. Principals only, please.
Job Category: Field Service