Cretex Production Laborer in Humboldt, Iowa
Forterra is a leading manufacturer of pipe and products in the U.S. and Eastern Canada for a variety of water-related infrastructure applications, including water transmission, distribution and drainage. The company generated pro forma net sales of $1.5 billion in 2019. Based in Irving, Texas, Forterra employs more than 5000 people and operates more than 85 facilities, with products available throughout the U.S. and Eastern Canada.
We are currently recruiting for seven general concrete laborer at our Humboldt, Iowa plant. Thegeneral concrete Laborer is an entry-level position working under direct supervision that operates a variety of equipment and performs all types of construction and maintenance related work in the manufacturing and production process of concrete products. Supports all aspects of a safe working environment by following organizational policies, processes, procedures and OSHA requirements. This position performs general manual labor tasks such as loading, unloading, and moving materials. Assists operators with machinery used in the production process. Cleans and maintains buildings, materials, and equipment throughout the plant as needed.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS *
- Comply with all safety regulations, maintain clean and orderly work areas and adhere to company OSHA safety guidelines at all times. Promote a safe work environment for all staff, vendors and customers.
- Must be able to follow all appropriate safety practices.
- Must be able to comprehend and retain safety programs.
Pipe & Precast
- Operation of light, medium and heavy equipment including fork truck, front-end loader and bobcat.
- Operation of various handoperated tools related to construction work.
- Maintains equipment and performs daily inspections of equipment. Visual inspection of forms.
- Sets up forms in the manufacturing production process of concrete products.
- Places steel reinforcing in forms in the manufacturing production process.
- Places concrete into forms.
- Tears down forms after the concrete is cured.
- Cleans and lubricates forms to be used in the manufacturing production process.
- Places covers and positions steam lines for curing process (if applicable).
- Regular, timely attendance to meet company needs in an efficient and effective manner.
- Any other miscellaneous tasks assigned by management at any given time and in any given area
*KNOWLEDGE, DEMONSTRATED SKILLS & ABILITIES *
* * High school diploma or equivalent. * Must be at least 18 years of age. * Prior forklift and operator experience a plus. * Lock out/tag out certification required (will train to achieve certification). * Ability to work collaboratively in a diverse work environment with all levels of employees. * Able to be self-motivated, takes initiative and has positive problem solving skills. * Demonstrated pattern of positive attitude, strong work ethic, dedication, dependability and timeliness. * Able to use hand tools. * Basic mathematics skills and be able to read a measuring tape. * Ability to understand the English language and follow specific instructions and procedures. * Commitment to building a positive culture. * Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds frequently. Over 50 pounds, a forklift or crane will be used. Must be able to push or pull cart with 80 pounds of force. Must be able to climb stairs and ladders. Must be able to step up 20 inches. Demonstrate grip strength of at least 75 pounds. * Perform work standing for eight-ten hours per day, up to six days per week.
HOURS OF WORK:
- 8 10 hour shift typically six days a week including overtime as required.
SAFETY EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)
- Metatarsal boots and safety toe (above the ankle). Leather in front of metatarsal boots.
- Eye protection with side shields behind eye protection
- Ear protection
- Hard hat
- Pants full length. Shirts with 4 inch sleeves
- Dust particle mask is applicable
- Cut resistant sleeve when dealing with wire mesh
- Hi-Vis apparel
EQUIPMENT USED TO PERFORM THE JOB: (including but not limited to)
- Heavy concrete vibrator
- Light concrete vibrator
- Large socket wrench
- Twister hand operated
- Mechanical twister
- Various hand tools e.g.: hammer, torch, wrench, hammer drills, hand trowel, shovel
- Frontend loader
- Skid loader
- Various components of concrete forms
- 8' stepladder
- Overhead crane
- Steel mesh clips
- Two-wheeled hand cart for the movement of hole forms
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Preformed inside/outside based on work center.
- Lighting: natural lighting, supplemental lighting as needed.
- Space: outdoor work in open environment.
- Temperature: seasonal extremes of hot and cold are encountered.
- Flooring: primarily concrete and gravel; snow, ice or mud may be encountered.
- Noise: continuous noise levels of 80 DB, may be higher on occasion.
Our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in the future of our employees to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes: competitive pay, vacation, ten paid holidays, 401k plan with company match and contribution, medical, health reimbursement account (HRA), flex plan, dental, vision, short and long-term disability and life insurance.
Forterra is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V - Forterra is a Drug Free Workplace.
Job Start/End Date: 12-Jan-2021 to 13-Mar-2021 (EST)
Department: Forterra Pipe & Precast-Humboldt IA
Location: Humboldt, IA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time