Den Hartog Industries Inc Truck Driver in Hospers, Iowa
Drives diesel-powered tractor-trailer combination, usually long distances, to transport and deliver DHI manufactured products. Drives company truck to destination, applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and skill in maneuvering vehicle in a variety of over-the-road situations. Ensures high degree of customer service throughout delivery process.
- Delivers DHI products according to established DHI Truck Driver Guidelines.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies before and after trips and submits report indicating truck and trailer condition. Replenishes supplies as needed. Reports all maintenance needs to mechanics.
- Ensures that load being delivered is secure. Inspects load before leaving yard. Looks at load from topside and evaluates if more straps are needed.
- Completes necessary paperwork promptly and accurately.
- Maintains driver log, according to state and federal regulations. Turns in log books as required.
- Communicates with Transportation Department daily. Calls when arriving and leaving destination giving estimated time of arrival at next destination.
- Drives in a safe and courteous manner, upholding all legal requirements.
- Maintains proper care of truck and it's interior, making certain that interior remains clean and organized.
- Picks up goods on return route, as requested.
- Monitors safety issues for area, including communication of safety concerns to Management. Follows and ensures safe operating procedures for area including: proper load securing techniques, lifting/back safety strategies, incident reports completed in a timely manner, and participation in bi-annual driver safety meetings.
- Projects a positive company image to customers and public - follows DHI dress code, maintains good personal hygiene, communicates professionally and appropriately with customers, spends adequate time with customers to maintain rapport and resolve any issues or concerns, accurately reviews paperwork against actual counts of load mix, assists with unloading as needed, promotes DHI organization and products, etc.
- Professionally and positively communicates with customers, employees, and management. Responds to the needs of internal and external customers. Follows the designated chain of command when reporting information.
- Serves as a positive example to other employees through proper compliance of company policies.
- Projects enthusiasm about the company through positive interactions with others, including internal and external customers.
- Must have CDL, with air brakes and clean driving record.
- Truck and trailer maintenance knowledge, helpful.
- Reads and comprehends verbal instructions. Ability to effectively present information to customers and DHI employees.
- Capacity to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to accurately complete required company paperwork and driver log books.
- Aptitude to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Over-the-road driving experience, preferred.
Full Time Benefits
Location: Hospers, IA, USA
Employment Type: Full Time