Dave Wright Nissan Subaru Automotive Service Technician in Hiawatha, Iowa
Come join a winning team at Dave Wright Nissan Subaru! Voted Automotive News ‘Best Dealerships to Work For’ -- the only Iowa Dealer to win it four years in a row!
Are You Sick of:
…Managers who do not care about you?
…Working for a company that is not focused on taking care of the customer?
…Not enough steady work?
- Outstanding parts inventory
- Well trained service sales staff
- Great environment with heated floors
- Company focus on Culture, Customer and Employee satisfaction
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Paid sick days
- Contribution to 401k
- Health, life and dental insurance plans
- Fun and casual work place
Opportunity to grow and advance RESPONSIBILITIES:
Perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership
- Test-drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using diagnostic tools and special service equipment
- Diagnosing, maintaining, and repairing vehicle automotive systems including engine, transmission, electrical steering, suspension, brakes, air conditioning, etc.
- Communicate directly with the Service Advisor so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed. Providing an estimate of time needed for additional repairs
- Executing repairs under warranty to manufacturer specifications
- Keeps equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles; completing preventive maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, replacing filters.
- Maintains vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
Complies with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards. REQUIREMENTS:
Strong automotive background
- Strong teamwork skills
- Willing to submit to a drug screen & background check
- Must have clean & valid driver's license
- Lifting, Energy Level, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Attendance, Independence, Safety Management, Problem Solving, Dealing with Complexity, Analyzing Information
- ASE Certifications
- Must own Tools to perform the required repairs
- Experience in auto service OR recent completion of automotive tech/trade school