Corteva Agriscience Industrial Electrician ($4,000 Sign-On Bonus!) in Hedrick, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for a Industrial Electrician to join our team at our production facility in Hedrick, IA. Come join our industry leading and market shaping company to be part of helping to feed the world! At the Hedrick site, you can be sure that your work will always be rewarding and challenging. With the variable nature of our business season-to-season, we have variety of activities and tasks so you will never be bored. If you value a business and team with high ethical standards and a strong safety culture, then this is the place for you!
Corteva Agriscience™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
In the Industrial Electrician role, you will utilize your electrical skills to perform high-level electrical and mechanical installation as well as maintenance of field and plant equipment and facilities. You will be challenged with the responsibility of all plant electrical systems. The critical work performed by the Industrial Electrician directly affects the impact of safety, function, longevity and overall operation of electrical and mechanical equipment at the plant.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Management of plant electrical systems
o Regular inspection
o Cost analysis
o Programmable logic controllers/electrical systems
o Security system and communications systems
• Maintains relationships with local vendors and contractors as identified
• Acts as Plant Electrician and liaison with Engineering department
• Deals with various electrical equipment (12V to 480V)
• Interpretation of electric code of application
The following are required:
• Two year technical/trade degree in an electrical field of study, OR HS Diploma/GED and at least two years of Industrial Electrician experience
• Able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code
• Able to troubleshoot and maintain 12V-480V systems
• Knowledge of programmable logic controls and other control systems, graphical user interfaces, motor starters, gear boxes, conveyor systems, hydraulics, pneumatics, etc.
• Able to read blueprints and ladder logic
• Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extended periods
• Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
• Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
• Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
• Will require shift work
The following are preferred:
• PLC troubleshooting experience
• Project planning & coordination skills
• Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and anticipate needs
• Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Problem solving capabilities
• Ability to make independent decisions
• PC skills
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs