Valero Renewables Engineering Co-op (Summer 2019 + Fall 2019) in HARTLEY, Iowa
Are you ready to join one of the leading marketers in renewable fuels and alternative energy? Valero is on the search for energetic and motivated students to join the Valero Intern Program. The internship program has openings for Renewables Engineering Co-ops who are ready for new and exciting challenges in a bio-refining environment.
- Provides assistance to the Engineering Manager by providing technical support for a variety of units for the ethanol plant to achieve reliable equipment performance.
- Maximizes equipment mechanical availability and/or provides technical support for a variety of units for the ethanol plant to achieve the most optimum performance.
At the plant, Co-ops come in contact with all departments and will interact daily with personnel from engineering, maintenance, operations, laboratory, shipping/receiving, and administrative areas dependent on the projects they are working on at that specific time. Co-ops can expect to acquire the following skills throughout the program:
- Problem-solving in different areas, solids handling, fluid transport, heat exchange, biological processes
- Exposure to work involving chemical, mechanical, civil, electrical and biosystems engineering
- Time management and prioritization of work
- Communication skills (written, verbal, electronic)
Positions may be available at any of the following locations:
- Albert City, IA – Albert City Ethanol Plant
- Albion, NE – Albion Ethanol Plant
- Bloomingburg, OH – Bloomingburg Ethanol Plant
- Charles City, IA – Charles City Ethanol Plant
- Fort Dodge, IA – Fort Dodge Ethanol Plant
- Hartley, IA – Hartley Ethanol Plant
- Jefferson, WI – Jefferson Ethanol Plant
- Linden, IN – Linden Ethanol Plant
- Mount Vernon, IN – Mount Vernon Ethanol Plant
- Welcome, MN – Welcome Ethanol Plant
This position is hourly non-exempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biological Systems Engineering, or related engineering degree required.
- Overall GPA of 3.0 (or higher) on a 4.0 scale preferred.
- Obtained at least 60 credit hours by the start of the Spring Summer Co-op required.
- Graduation dates of August 2019 through May 2021 required.
- Able to work 40 hours per week required.
Please include the following in your resume: Overall GPA and Major - Expected Graduation Date
About the Valero Intern Program
Come and be a part of an engaging, fast-paced and meaningful internship! Valero’s Intern Program gives students a chance to turn their knowledge into hands-on experience. Students will have the opportunity to learn from the industry’s best through a formal mentor program, as they take on real-world projects. As a Valero Intern, you will be invited to visit Valero’s Headquarters for the annual Intern Symposium. Symposium is a three-day conference full of guest speakers, professional development sessions, and fun-filled events. The Valero Intern Program is more than a line item on your resume – it will prepare you for your future career.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels and other petrochemical products. Valero, a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio, Texas, with approximately 10,000 employees, is an independent petroleum refiner and ethanol producer, and its assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3.1 million barrels per day and 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of approximately 1.45 billion gallons per year. The petroleum refineries are located in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom, and the ethanol plants are in the Mid-Continent region of the U.S. In addition, Valero owns the 2 percent general partner interest and a majority limited partner interest in Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero sells its products in both the wholesale rack and bulk markets, and approximately 7,400 outlets carry Valero's brand names in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and Ireland.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States
Req ID: 18001F7