Valero Maintenance Technician – Ethanol Plant in HARTLEY, Iowa
Responsible for the repair and maintenance of the plant equipment, to ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company.
- Participates in plant maintenance program.
- Repairs or replaces plant equipment or systems on a scheduled or emergency basis.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as required.
- Communicates directly with production and shipping/receiving department to coordinate maintenance and repair work.
- Works with engineering department, external contractors and vendors to implement installation of new equipment or systems.
- Assists with diagnosing and trouble-shooting maintenance related issues.
- Assists with new installations and other projects, as requested by supervisor.
- Knows and understands city, county, state, and federal regulations relating to maintenance and plant equipment, and works in a safe manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Works a schedule that occasionally requires overtime or call-in as required.
- Participates in plant turn-arounds.
- Participates in programs and procedures required to ensure plant cleanliness.
- Participates in Health, Safety and Environmental programs.
- Completes work orders as assigned.
This position is hourly nonexempt status, which means you are eligible for overtime pay.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Two years experience in the maintenance or repair of industrial equipment (pumps, valves, compressors, conveying equipment, etc.) required. * Welding experience on carbon/stainless steel preferred. * Experience in the maintenance functions of a dry-mill ethanol plant preferred. * Experience in the use of hand and power tools preferred.
About Valero Renewables – Hartley
Valero's Hartley ethanol plant is located near Hartley, Iowa, about 100 miles east and south of Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The bio-refinery sits on approximately 350 acres and started ethanol production in August 2008. The facility uses a dry-grind production method and state-of-the-art technology to maintain industry-leading standards in production, safety, product quality and environmental stewardship. The Hartley plant annually processes approximately 48 million bushels of corn into approximately 135 million gallons of denatured ethanol and 400,000 tons of distillers grains co-products. The bio-refinery employs approximately 65 full-time personnel.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts %26 Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location: US-IA-Hartley
Job Posting: Aug 10, 2021, 8:40:40 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 21001EL
- Valero Jobs