WindStream Communications Field Service Technician in Grinnell, Iowa
/Windstream is considered an essential business and we are HIRING NOW. As our company responds to COVID-19, the safety and wellbeing of our employees, customers, partners and communities is our top priority./ / / Please note that this position follows an initial Union job bidding process
About the Role: Windstream’s team of Field Service Technicians are vital team members who represent our leading telecommunications brand that connects homeowners, small business, enterprise and carrier partners across the United States. Our team of Field Service Technicians care about technology and connecting customers to products they value. Through providing technical expertise and customer support, our Field Service Technicians create meaningful connections with customers that create long-term relationships.
What You’ll Do:
* Install and repair residential and business communications services including telephone, internet, and video.
* Train and work with tools and test equipment to provide service of multiple different technologies and network designs.
* recommend products and services that resolve their communications needs.
* Work in both buried and aerial plant requiring pole climbing and ladder skills. * Safely operate and maintain clean and organized company service vehicle. * Work in both inside and outside environments. * Complete necessary safety training and follow safety standards and regulations.
* You will report to the Manager of Local Operations
Do You Have?
* Basic technology and math skills * Valid driver’s license and safe driving record * Ability to distinguish colors in use of color-coded cable. * Ability to use equipment with maximum load capacity of 275lbs. * Ability to lift up to 50lbs, capable of working aloft. * Ability to successfully complete required safety training. * Ability to work assigned schedules and extended hours including day, evening, weekend, and holiday hours. * Ability to respond to after hour call-outs. * High School Degree or GED equivalent * Even Better:
* Customer service or sale experience. * Certifications or training directly related to the position. * Two-year technical degree in computers or electronics, or the equivalent in work experience.
* Our Benefits:
* Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance Plans * Identify Theft, Legal, Auto & Home and Pet Insurance * 401K Plan * Health & Flexible Savings Account * Life and AD&D, Spousal Life, Child Life Insurance Plans * Educational Assistance Plan * Participation in Windstream’s benefit plans by employees in bargaining units is subject to the terms of their collective bargaining agreement
* About US: Windstream Holdings, Inc., is a leading provider of advance network communications and technology solutions for consumers, small businesses, enterprise organizations and carrier partners across the U.S.
Minimum Qualifications: (required) * * Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Certification/License: Must maintain a valid driver’s license and a safe driving record
Primary Location: *US-Iowa-Grinnell
Job Category: Bargaining
Requisition ID: 20002562
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs