UnityPoint Health Charitable Fund Raising Coordinator-Grinnell in Grinnell, Iowa
The Annual Giving Coordinator will be responsible for expanding the annual gift program in support of the mission of the UnityPoint Health- Grinnell Regional Medical Center Foundation (GRMC). Develop and implement annual fundraising goals, priorities, and strategies for GRMC Foundation charity and ultimately move annual donation sources ($999 and below) to major gift candidates. The Annual Giving Coordinator will report to the Director of Development, with emphasis on coordination with the Foundation Database Coordinator, the Development team and the UPH Des Moines Foundation. Primary responsibilities and relationships with staff in the Foundation are outlined below.
The position is a combination of working in conjunction with the Director of Development and the development team to provide global responsibility for the direct mail and stewardship programs for the GRMC Foundation as well as specific responsibility related to annual giving and portfolio management. Supports and coordinates administrative needs of the Foundation Board of Directors.
Coordinates and manages the employee giving campaign program, grateful patient and stewardship program for donors. Writes content and coordinates print materials for general fundraising and donor recognition. Provides project management for creative needs of Foundation as related to various events, direct mail, print materials, website, donor wall and other needs.
Works with the Director of Development and hospital leadership to research and pursue grant opportunities within the scope of the Foundation’s mission.
Fundraising/Annual Gift Solicitation – work with the Director of Development and Foundation staff to coordinate:
• Management of annual gift activities in support of the GRMC Foundation mission. Take a leadership role in the cultivation and solicitation of annual gifts from assigned donors and prospects. Maintain an active pool of 1000 or more annual donors and prospects.
• Development and implementation of annual fundraising goals and priorities. Coordinate activities to ensure a continuing program of donor acknowledgement, stewardship and recognition.
• Development and implementation of an employee giving campaign and grateful patient program to include oversight and management of an employee giving campaign committee.
• Expansion of the donor base through the donor engagement process: identification and cultivation of assigned constituents, including grateful patients, employees, volunteers, friends, corporations, foundations, medical professionals/physician groups, and board members, where appropriate.
Direct Mail Solicitation
• Work with the Director of Development and Foundation staff to coordinate all direct mail solicitations, including campaigns. Leadership role in content development by writing and producing professional and dynamic Foundation direct mail, donor stewardship (including donor impact stories/reports), email communication, social media, press releases, website, donor wall, and the donor journal.
• Work with Director of Development and UPH Creative Services team and Marketing Communications team to create compelling direct mail messages/packages, using best practices resulting in above budget response rates and revenue generation.
• Coordinate and manage print and electronic communications for Foundation fundraising events, donor recognition events.
• Coordinate donor stewardship efforts in conjunction with Director of Development as related to endowments, special events, and moving donors through the giving pipeline.
• Coordinate meeting schedule for quarterly Foundation board and committee meetings.
• Record and prepare meeting minutes for the Foundation board and committee meetings.
• Prepare materials for Foundation board and committee meetings.
• Work with Director of Development to identify potential grants compatible with priority programs in support of the Foundation mission.
Office Backup & Special Event Assistance
• Secondary backup for Foundation Database Coordinator.
• Participate with events as needed.
• Attend Foundation staff meetings, 1:1 meetings with the Director of Development, and other meetings as determined.
• Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent of education and experience in charitable fund raising.
• Master’s Degree preferred.
• A minimum of 5 years as a development professional or compatible experience in a related fund raising field.
• Experience in a non-profit setting and with CRM software such as The Raiser’s Edge and/or Gift Clarity preferred.
• Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Requisition ID: 2021-87626
Street: 202 4th Ave
Name: 3220 UnityPoint Health Grinnell Regional Medical Center
Name: Foundation Admin
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): 1.0
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org