Stellar Industries Inc Manufacturing Engineer in Garner, Iowa
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
· Responsible for the development of engineering instructions using manufacturing engineering practices.
· Prepare quotations for labor, tooling and equipment to support the business unit requirements.
· Participate in concurrent engineering design reviews.
· Evaluate and approve drawings, routings, specs and other documents.
· Design and procure tools/equipment.
· Write appropriation requests.
· Evaluate and solve production problems.
· Train assemblers or conduct training to introduce new processes.
· Prepare/manufacture prototypes as required utilizing the principals of concurrent engineering.
· Continually strive to improve in all aspects of job requirements.
· Other duties may be assigned.
· B.S. degree in manufacturing engineering, industrial engineering or related field is preferred.
· Planning: an ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
· Experience in manufacturing engineering or a commensurate level of experience with related products. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
· Must have knowledge of computers, machining and assembly practices, tools and fixturing.
· Ability to communicate verbally, in writing and make presentations.
· Ability to work with vendors, customers and employees.
· Excellent communications skills.
· Must excel at working in a team environment.
General Competencies Required:
· Capital improvement.
· Computer assisted design (CAD) proficiency.
· Computer proficiency.
· MRP Systems experience preferred.
· Process Improvement.
· Problem Resolution.
· Project Management.
· Must be able to improve manufacturing processes and methods for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
· Weld Experience
· Computer Proficient with the ability to work fluently with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Knowledge of statistics is required with general numeracy, coupled with good interpersonal skills.
· While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
· The employee frequently is required to talk and hear, and frequently required to reach, stoop, kneel and crouch.
· Occasional lifting of items not to exceed 50 lbs.
· Employee may be required to work indoors in a shop environment and also outside in all weather conditions.
· May be required to use safety glasses while performing specific tasks or while in manufacturing areas.
· Company sponsored continuing education may be required.
· Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Job ID: 2020-1027
External Company Name: Stellar Industries, Inc
Street: 190 State St
Shift: 1st Shift