UnityPoint Health Senior Financial Analyst- Fort Dodge Region in Fort Dodge, Iowa
UnityPoint Health - Fort Dodge
Senior Financial Analyst
Fort Dodge Region
FTE: 1.0 (Full-time, 40 hours per week)
Shift: Monday - Friday 8am-4:30pm
Essential functions are the duties and responsibilities that are essential to the position (not a task list). Do not include if less than 5% of work time is spent on this duty. Be specific without giving explicit instructions on how to perform the task. Do not include duties that are to be performed in the future. Duties should be action oriented and avoid vague or general statements.
% of Time
Budgeting, Forecasting, and Costing
· Heavy involvement in the operating and capital budgeting process, including partnering with operational leaders to develop annual budgets within targeted levels
· Develop financial models to be used in the strategic planning process, development of business plans, for capital planning/purchases, new initiatives, exit strategies, etc.
· Report, analyze, monitor and forecast the financial position for the region
· Monitor and update cost accounting on a regular basis
Financial Reporting and Analysis
· Analyze month-end operating results and follow-up with Operations to resolve questions
· Analyze and interpret financial operations, including income statement, statistical and ratio analysis
· Service line profitability
· Maintain a working knowledge of data sources to accurately and efficiently report findings in a meaningful and understandable manner
· Prepare financial information and analysis by assembling and summarizing data, preparing reports, and presenting findings and recommendations
· Collaborate with operations to ensure they the tools necessary to make operating decisions and understand the financial implications of those decisions
· Complete special projects and management reports as assigned
· Collaborate effectively with other team members
· Be involved in special projects as needed, or other duties as assigned
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Demonstration of UPH Values and Standards of Behaviors
Consistently demonstrates UnityPoint Health’s values in the performance of job duties and responsibilities
· Leverage the skills and abilities of each person to enable great teams.
· Collaborate across departments, facilities, business units and regions.
· Seek to understand and are open to diverse thoughts and perspectives.
Own The Moment:
· Connect with each person treating them with courtesy, compassion, empathy and respect
· Enthusiastically engage in our work.
· Accountable for our individual actions and our team performance.
· Responsible for solving problems regardless of the origin.
· Commit to the best outcomes and highest quality.
· Have a relentless focus on exceeding expectations.
· Believe in sharing our results, learning from our mistakes and celebrating our successes.
· Embrace and promote innovation and transformation.
· Create partnerships that improve care delivery in our communities.
· Have the courage to challenge the status quo.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or other related field.
Health system or hospital finance experience or experience as a CPA with a healthcare background
Experience with financial analysis;
Experience with Microsoft Office applications required, especially Excel
Budgeting & Forecasting;
Advanced experience with Excel preferred
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Strong analytical ability;
Fluent in use of spreadsheet software;
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Knowledge of HealthCare including an understanding of hospital and physician reimbursement, cost structures, regulations
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2020-84251
Street: 802 Kenyon Rd
Name: 7010 FD UnityPoint Health Trinity Health Systems
FLSA Status: Exempt
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org