Airgas Usa LLC Plant Operator / Back-Up Delivery Driver (CDL B) in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Position Title: Plant Operator / Back-up Delivery Driver (CDL B)
- Fort Dodge, IA
- Monday-Friday, First Shift
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?
The Plant Operator/Back-up Delivery Driver sorts and examines cylinders, safely handles and fills gas products gas cylinders, and loads cylinders on vehicles. This position will also be responsible for safely and efficiently delivering compressed gas cylinders to local and regional Airgas locations. As a Driver, this position loads, unloads, delivers, and returns compressed gas cylinders.
In particular, you will:
- Fills cylinders by pressure and weight, per regulations and standards.
- Sorts empty cylinders by type.
- Handles high-pressure, medical and liquid cylinders. Prepares cylinders and vessels for filling.
- Performs basic cylinder maintenance such as painting cylinders, labeling cylinders, and cleaning of work area.
- Manages paperwork to DOT, FDA, OSHA, and Airgas standards. Completes quality control sheets as required.
- Safely loads, delivers and unloads cylinders containing compressed gases to customer’s place of business and collects empty cylinders.
- Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents.
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order.
- Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed & any accidents or injuries are promptly reported to management.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment.
*Are you a MATCH? *
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid Class A Driver’s license and Medical Examiner’s Card.
- Hazmat & Airbrake Certifications (or ability to acquire certifications as a condition of employment).
- Must have one (1) year of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years and a clean driving record to include no more than one (1) moving violation per the DOT and 2 in a personal vehicle per the state DMV within the last three (3) years.
- In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school or a combination of driving and prior Airgas specific experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of previous product, warehouse and/or sales related experience and/or training (or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Basic PC knowledge to include familiarity with onboard computers/telematics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Prior experience operating a forklift or other material handling equipment preferred
- Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this position’s responsibilities.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is a leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products.
Through the passion and diversity of its 18,000 associates, Airgas fosters a culture of safety, customer success, sustainability and innovation. Airgas associates are empowered to share ideas, take initiative and make decisions.
Airgas is a subsidiary of Air Liquide, a world leader in gases, technologies and services for Industry and Health. Air Liquide is present in 78 countries with approximately 64,500 associates globally.
Join us for a stimulating experience: you’ll find a world of learning and development opportunities where inventiveness is at the heart of what we do, in an open, collaborative and respectful environment.
Your differences enhance our performance
At Airgas, we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability or any other protected characteristic. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Title: Plant Operator / Back-Up Delivery Driver (CDL B)
Location: Iowa-Fort Dodge-50501
Requisition ID: 34449