Waldorf College Director of Alumni Relations/Gifts Officer in Forest City, Iowa
Waldorf University has an immediate opening for a full-time Director of Alumni Relations / Gifts Officer. This position will serve as the Waldorf liaison to all residential and online alumni which currently total more than 17,000 world-wide. The Director of Alumni Relations will assist coordinate the Waldorf Lutheran Association of Congregations and serve as a Gift Officer for the Waldorf Lutheran College Foundation. The Director of Alumni Relations will produce the bi-annual Waldorf Magazine in the spring and the fall as well as the monthly alumni newsletter. This position reports to the Director of Institutional Relations and works closely with a twenty-four member alumni board of directors and a nine member foundation board.
This key position will lead initiatives for Waldorf University in order to preserve, expand and strengthen alumni connections and involvement with the University and Waldorf Lutheran Foundation. The Director will plan and implement all alumni events, including homecoming.
The ideal candidate requires a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, plan and organize programs to engage alumni and donors, manage volunteers, and effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, education or college / student personnel or a closely related field
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build strong relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled at researching, writing, editing and proofing for written publications
- Expertise in planning, organizing and achieving successful, professional events
- Detailed, organized and innovative
- Excellent public speaking skills
- Experience managing and working with volunteers
- High level professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Ability to organize and complete multiple, simultaneous tasks with close attention to detail and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed; must be able to drive and operate a motor vehicle
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel and social media formats
- Belief in the mission of Waldorf University and Waldorf Lutheran College Foundation
- Waldorf College/University graduate
- Proficient in writing gift proposals, grants, solicitation letters, brochures and newsletter, experience with professional writing
- Prior successful experience in alumni relations and/or fundraising
- Experience working with Constant Contact
Benefits: Waldorf offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life, LTD, 401k match and tuition benefits for employees and their families, in addition options for dental, vision, short-term disability, identity protection, supplemental and voluntary life insurances and FLEX spending plans.
To Apply: interested and qualified candidates are requested to complete an online application, upload a letter of application, resume and contact information for two professional references. Final candidate is subject to a background investigation.
Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until filled.