Sinclair Tractor Territory Manager (Equipment Sales Representative) in Durant, Iowa
At Sinclair Tractor, we pride ourselves on being the destination in Southeast Iowa for agricultural equipment, precision farming, agronomic decision support, NAPA parts and computers. With thirteen John Deere dealerships, five NAPA parts locations and a computer service location, we are looking for motivated and talented people to join our team.
SINCLAIR TRACTORis seeking an energetic, driven and professional individual to join the Durant, IA office location as a * _Territory Manager_*covering a designated territory with the primary responsibility of selling agriculture equipment to existing and future customers. This candidate will develop and maintain a high level of product and market knowledge and maintain customer relationships through follow-up and field demonstrations.
In this position, you would have the opportunity to develop your own sales territory by maintaining relationships with current customers and bringing in new ones to drive business. You will be an ambassador of our company, becoming a trusted face to our customers while also adhering to company values and policy.
As a member of our team, you will use your strong interpersonal skills to provide service and support to your customers as needed, which may include coordinating with other departments. The desired candidate has a background in agriculture and is passionate about growth, innovation and collaboration. We are constantly striving to improve and better ourselves so that we can better support our clients. If you have a growth mindset and you thrive under pressure, you are probably a great fit for our team!
Experience and Skills:
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO (you may request further detail):
- Represents the company for the sale of machinery to customers in a defined sales area
- Maintains current product knowledge on features and benefits of all equipment potentially saleable by the dealership
- Monitors competitive activity/products and timely communicates to management, accordingly
- Maintains all customer information in assigned territory for sales management
- Knows and follows a defined sales process
- Maintains assigned company vehicles and equipment
- Assists with the preparation and execution of customer events
- Conducts new equipment field demonstrations
- Monitors trends in customer’s business activities and timely communicates to management
- Maintains current knowledge of financing options to assist customers with securing the purchase of new and used goods
- Attends applicable sales training events/seminars
- May maintain current knowledge of used equipment values and ability to evaluate properly for trading purposes
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- 1+ years equipment sales experience
- Knowledge of agricultural or turf equipment and farming or operational practices preferred
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to analyze and interpret basic sales reports
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license with an insurable driving record
- Commitment to and demonstration of high ethical standards governing professional behavior and interactions
- Ability to work independently and exercise excellent judgment in order to reflect the company’s values
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Great customer service and high level of attention to detail, especially under pressure
- Dependability and consistency is a must.
- Polished, Professional, and Friendly demeanor
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Travel as needed to and from job sites and customer locations
Job Tracking ID: 512388-745827
Job Location: Durant, IA
Job Level: Mid Career (2+ years)
Level of Education: High School/GED
Job Type: Full-Time/Regular
Date Updated: November 18, 2020
Years of Experience: Up to 2 Years
Starting Date: ASAP