Corteva Agriscience Production Technician in Durant, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience™ has an exciting opportunity for Production Technicians to join our company at our Durant, IA production facility. We welcome applicants from all industry backgrounds with stable employment history, great work ethic, and an eagerness to learn! If you want to work at a fantastic, clean, safe facility that always provides amazing challenges and variety of work for you to tackle with a great team, then this is the place for you. What we do offers the opportunity for career growth and learning and goes way outside the box of widget manufacturing.
Corteva Agriscience™ offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes wages starting at $19-21 per hour depending on qualifications and experience, a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more! Please ensure you include an updated copy of your resume for full consideration.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations and field activities that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as harvest, conditioning, treating, and packing.
The Durant production location runs various production schedules during peak season, September through March each year. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
• 24/7 operations, running 12 hour shifts (3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off) rotating days and nights every 2 weeks
• 24/5 or 24/6 operations, running three 8 hour shifts (5-6 days per week, with 1-2 days off) rotating shifts every 2 weeks
During off-peak months, April through August, the site staggers down to an 8 hour day shift schedule with occasional overtime when needed. This provides a much better work-life balance than other manufacturing roles and opportunities!
What You Will Do:
• Harvest activities such as preparation, sorting, drying, etc.
• Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
• Return and rework activities
• Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance
• Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
• Gathering data for future aid in continuous improvement projects
• Various other duties as assigned by supervisor
Who You Are:
• You love variety of tasks as well as enjoy working hard and staying busy!
• You want to work somewhere doing something where you can make a difference in the world!
• Growing your skills and your career is extremely important to you and you’re looking for a company like Corteva where you have the opportunity to do just that!
• You have your High School Diploma or GED.
• When you see a problem, you look for a way to fix it, you’re solutions focused.
• You have a valid driver’s license, so you will be able to drive company vehicles on-assignment when needed, like field inspections or detassling in the summer.
• You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
• Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
• You always are willing to help out and physical work isn’t a problem for you…Passing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
• You understand that the company’s viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
• You always put your best foot forward and have great attention to detail, so you have submitted your updated resume with your application to this opportunity.
We Would be EXTRA Pleased If You:
• Have two or more years of on-the-job manufacturing, operations, production, agriculture, or related experience.
• Are Associates or Bachelor Degreed.
• Have working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
• You have some form of leadership experience.
• You have general agriculture knowledge and/or experience.
• You have experience with field equipment, agriculture equipment and Fork Trucks.
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs