Corteva Agriscience Production Planning Manager in Durant, Iowa
Corteva Agriscience™ is seeking a Production Planning Manager to lead change at our Durant, IA commercial seed corn production facility. The Production Planning Manager role is a great gateway to future management opportunities. We seek a creative thinker to be responsible for oversight and management of the site’s operational supply chain activities encompassing quality, direct materials, inventory, logistics, warehouse capacity management, as well as production and labor scheduling. In this hands-on role, you will manage internal and external relationships as well as utilize your strong prioritization and planning skills.
Located in Durant, IA, our clean and safe facility, hosts a close team of diverse professionals that will welcome you like family. Since we value bringing the outside in as well as fostering inclusion and diversity, we strongly encourage innovative leaders from all industry backgrounds to apply! If you want to work at a fantastic, clean, safe facility that always provides amazing challenges and variety of work for you to tackle with a great team, then this is the place for you. What we do offers the opportunity for career growth and learning and goes way outside the box of widget manufacturing. We offer excellent benefits including a very strong 401K matching plan, health insurance, 15 days of PTO, variable bonus program and many more benefits for you and your family! Come join us during this exciting time as you grow your career with Corteva Agriscience™.
What You Will Do:
• Manage the daily supply-chain operations throughout all processes, including: receiving, shelling, bulk storage management, conditioning and sizing, maintenance, inventory management, warehousing, and distribution.
• Plan, organize, and direct plant operations to ensure the most effective return on assets.
• Manage warehouse capacity planning to ensure consistent throughput and production uptime.
• Oversee all quality processes and operations to ensure first-pass quality production.
• Review and approve plans for the control of planned production output, budget spending, material efficiency, and engineering/maintenance effectiveness.
• Ensure on-time delivery to meet both business and customer needs.
• Coach, support, and develop employees on your team in a manner that fosters effective collaboration and teamwork, demonstrating and modelling the company’s Core Values.
• Enable and encourage direct reports to leverage their full potential and achieve business results; coach staff in stretch assignments and skill development critical to employees’ jobs and overall career objectives.
• Establish and support individual and team performance goals that are attainable and aligned with business strategy.
• Oversee and participate in making or approving personnel decisions (hiring, promotion, discipline, status changes, merit and rewards administration, etc.).
• You are passionate about ensuring first past quality and relentlessly seek to initiate quality improvements.
• Champion business improvement and productivity initiatives by utilizing LEAN Manufacturing and Six Sigma tools to identify, prioritize, and execute productivity improvement opportunities.
Who You Are:
• A supply chain guru with 3-5 years of experience in supply chain, logistics, or production operations
• A leader who values empowering your team and has 2-3 years of leadership or supervisory experience
• Bachelor Degreed or higher
• Proven ability to develop, coach, train and counsel others
• Someone who does well with interacting effectively at all levels of the organization
• You have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• You look are a solution-focused person who sees problems as a way to find innovative answers for the business
• Having a busy workload is no problem for you because you apply your priority management skills effectively each day
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PP, Outlook) and other computer programs and software
• You like getting out of your office and into the Gemba – Chilly warehouse? Dusty field tours? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team!
• You are humble…you feel every person can always continue to improve and strive to do that through continued learning and seeking feedback.
• You always are willing to help out…Passing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague!
• We will be extra pleased if you have:
• SAP Experience &
• LEAN Manufacturing Experience and/or Six Sigma Certification
Corteva Agriscience ™, the world's first dedicated agriculture start-up, serves to enrich the lives of those who produce and those who consume, ensuring progress for generations to come. Our employees fulfill this purpose everyday by building/participating in an inclusive culture where we encourage each other to stay curious, think differently, act boldly and do what's right for our customers, our co-workers, our partners and our planet. With over 20,000 team members from 130 countries, innovating in 140 world class R&D facilities, we have the resources, leadership heritage and partner ecosystem to make a meaningful impact now and into the future.
Corteva Agriscience, the agriculture division of DowDuPont, is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit: Accessibility Page for Contact Information For US Applicants: See the 'Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law' poster For our U.S. Affirmative Action Policy, click here
- Corteva Agriscience Jobs